New York Tour

Well, both teams might field something like first XIs, but I feel like I can say with absolute certainty that it will not be a great game. :)

teddykgb said:
I'm shocked at the number of first teamers who made the trip. I bought my ticket expecting to essentially watch our EDS, but they look likely to field a stronger side than the pre season tour to NY a few years back

I guess they fancied an al expenses paid trip to New York. I could see some of their girlfriends/wives making certain they go so they could go with them!!!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Disappointed that so few youngsters are on the tour, at least they would try unlike the senior players.

Given this is predominantly a commercial venture,i'd guess anything other than a first team would not have had the desired impact.

El Mago Silva said:
taconinja said:
cleavers said:
You realize that for some of us this is our only chance to see the club, right? Airline tickets are expensive. Hotels are expensive. Everything is expensive. My wife recently lost her job. We're struggling due to that. We had hoped to make the pilgrimage over to Manchester next season, but I can't see that happening now. So this is it. It might not be much, but I love this football club and it's all I get.

Yes! You guys in Manchester have no idea how fortunate you are!

This will be my first time seeing City in person. Ready to stand and sing for 90 min whether the match "matters" or not.
Amen man that's exactly how I feel..I don't want to hear any negativity about this match this is the only time I can see city don't ruin it for me

taconinja said:
cleavers said:
simonmdm said:
Money?

I think we're getting paid quite a bit to play in this plus it will give us some exposure in America with us also launching our new kit there.
Yeah I kind of knew it was money, but is there any other point ? 2 games too far for me, especially given the last 7 days, neither club will play competitively, so the US fans aren't getting the real deal. The way some of our ego's are right now, the best thing they could all do, is get as far away from each other as possible. IMHO
You realize that for some of us this is our only chance to see the club, right? Airline tickets are expensive. Hotels are expensive. Everything is expensive. My wife recently lost her job. We're struggling due to that. We had hoped to make the pilgrimage over to Manchester next season, but I can't see that happening now. So this is it. It might not be much, but I love this football club and it's all I get.

Exactly what I was thinking, its great when we tour, gives far away blues to see our players in the flesh. We take it for granted that We live around the stadium or at least in this country.

dream said:
Does anyone know which hotel are they staying at in NYC?

fatal-attraction_l.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.