New Zealand terrorist attack

What a vile man. We should probably keep the thread about the attack itself for now though rather the views of an extremist politician like Anning.

Yeah I would very much agree.

i used to work in the bookies by Linwood mosque. Crikey what terrible news :(

Horrible news and from one of the last places in the world that you would expect this sort of hate fueled atrocity. I don't think the media in NZ stoke up anti muslim feeling in the way they do in this country (I could be worng though, our resident kiwis will know better).

Media here is far from perfect, but there’s none of the jingoistic anti Muslim rhetoric you get in the UK, not least because there isn’t that kind of readership to pander to. Been here for 20 years and feel hollow tonight. As others have said, last place you’d think it would happen. My very early sense is that this will prove to bring people together. Kiwis are genrerally a very good, tolerant people.

Used to walk past that mosque at Hagley park regularly and lived just around the corner from the Linwood one, it's really upsetting.

Such a peaceful country, one of the few places in the World that felt relatively untouched by this specific kind of bullshit.

Those poor people, going about their daily lives. Can only hope the injured pull through.

Media here is far from perfect, but there’s none of the jingoistic anti Muslim rhetoric you get in the UK, not least because there isn’t that kind of readership to pander to. Been here for 20 years and feel hollow tonight. As others have said, last place you’d think it would happen. My very early sense is that this will prove to bring people together. Kiwis are genrerally a very good, tolerant people.

Chief of Police in Christchurch .... ' we don't get the anti immigration rhetoric that you have in the UK and Europe' ..... he sees us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.