New Zealand terrorist attack

Taking a long time for news channels to say that word.

Of course, we'll have references to evil and mad and posters like our resident fanatic equating Islamists and fascists, and we'll get hand wringing and it's just human nature.

Turns my stomach that when we get right wing terrorist attacks, the lengths some people go to avoid calling it what it is.

Rightwing extremist wrote manifesto before livestreaming Christchurch shooting...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...to-before-livestreaming-christchurch-shooting

The man who livestreamed himself attacking a Christchurch mosque and murdering at least 40 people identified himself online before the rampage as Australian citizen Brenton Tarrant....

He describes himself as an “ethno-nationalist” and a “fascist”.....

“Yes. It is a terrorist attack.”

Last edited:
Of course, we'll have references to evil and mad and posters like our resident fanatic equating Islamists and fascists, and we'll get hand wringing and it's just human nature.

Turns my stomach that when we get right wing terrorist attacks, the lengths some people go to avoid calling it what it is.

Any sort of terrorism/extremism turns my stomach,irrespective of whichever cvnt is responsible.Your need to bring an agenda into such an awful thread is disturbing.

Horrible news to wake up to. NZ is just about the last place you’d expect this to happen.

People talk about Islamist terrorism, right-wing terrorism but there’s little difference between the two in essence. It’s visceral hatred of “them”. We never seem to learn.
Agree completely. Both are driven by a sense that one group has some kind of right to be in power over other groups, and that their way of life is superior. They are all just murderous fucks.

The rise of extreme right wing politicians, whose rhetoric of hate has emboldened Nazis everywhere. They are crawling out of the woodwork, fuelled by these people who demonise groups. At home, we have seen the rise of attacks on immigrants since Brexit. In the USA, the election of Trump and his lit a torch literally for their Nazis with his hatred.

These events haven’t fired the shots, but they have fuelled the groups who do. I fear that right now, people will be sitting who will be the victims of a retaliatory attack by extremist Islamic groups.

Every time in the recent history of the west. The rise of the extreme right is always, not sometimes, but always accompanied by violence and hate. It seems to me it’s all they have.

Tragic day.

These events haven’t fired the shots, but they have fuelled the groups who do. I fear that right now, people will be sitting who will be the victims of a retaliatory attack by extremist Islamic groups.
They never seem to need an excuse as a rule. Or they come up with whatever reasoning they want. Originally it was American soldiers on Saudi soil and has moved on many times from there.

The world is fucked and it’s truly sickening that this deranged terrorist can, so calmly, do what he did and ruin the lives of so many families in a five minute spell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time in the recent history of the west. The rise of the extreme right is always, not sometimes, but always accompanied by violence and hate. It seems to me it’s all they have.
The rise of every sort of extremism is accompanied by violence, be that left, right or religious.

There’s some sick, hateful people about in this world. It just baffles me why so many are allowed to get their hands on weapons like this. I don’t know what the gun laws are like in New Zealand but at least in the U.K., it’s not easy to carry out mass attacks on the same scale as this.

The rise of extreme right wing politicians, whose rhetoric of hate has emboldened Nazis everywhere. They are crawling out of the woodwork, fuelled by these people who demonise groups. At home, we have seen the rise of attacks on immigrants since Brexit. In the USA, the election of Trump and his lit a torch literally for their Nazis with his hatred.

Tragic day.

They would be absolutely delighted if an Islamic terrorist group retaliated & it suits the Islamic terrorists, to have atrocities like this, they both want to radicalise people on both sides.

Two cheeks of the same arsehole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.