Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

I think they've changed their name to Highways England to get us off their trail.
We went north of the ground to the A1 and then had to divert once we'd crossed the Tyne. The usual route had a mega tailback so we went through Gateshead and got back on the A1 by that rusty statue. Then the A1 was shut again near Scotch Corner. - And we only used the A1 because the A19 had bloody roadworks.
Similar to that cup tie at Sunderland when both roads were closed on the same night.

I was blissfully ignorant of the roadworks up there.

I took the park and ride from the Metrocentre and didn't get caught in too much traffic leaving Newcastle, but we got diverted off the A1 through Bishop Auckland and journeyed through some pleasant towns and villages.

I had a look on google maps after I got in at about 01.45 and probably missed about 20 miles of the A1.

All in all, not a great night after a performance like that. The Newcastle fans were buzzing after the game, and you have to credit their team for putting in the effort, but I sometimes wonder if our players are too concerned with self preservation.

I'm not normally one to castigate every little mistake, but I thought some of them were a bit light on their feet in avoiding tackles.

It really wasn't good enough, in my opinion.

When players at this level can't pass to a teammate - you worry.

When Zaba has a throw in and there is no City player within twenty yards - you wonder.

When Yaya decides after an hour to go on a run for a change and can't get past the first man - you wish he'd get pulled, and he was.

These players should be ashamed of their abject performances this season, but having a clown in charge hasn't helped matters.

Past caring, about a bunch of lazy overpaid shites, they were actually hiding behind opposition so not to receive a pass, roll on next season, the management don't give a fuck why should we.

I knew we'd not get a win when I saw the team. I was pleased Kompany was playing and Stirling back but I'm not impressed by Delph.

Old Peller never learned what a shit midfield he's got from this disaster combination, Delph (clueless) + Toure (lazy) + Fernando (slow/sideway pass)
To be fair, Delph is chucked to the left midfield, which surprisingly, he's pretty piss poor at. As for Fernando, we know what we're getting when we bought him, and creation was never his strong suit. The midfield did improve when Fernandinho was brought in.

The thing that baffles me the most was our long ball strategy after 75-80mins. Clearly our best chances occur when we get the ball to the feet of KDB and Navas, then Pellers chose to go 4-4-2/4-2-4 by bringing Bony as a last sub and playing the direct ball. In return, we lost whatever little pressure we had on Newcastle.

And Kolarov's defending ability is shocking, playing like a full back who doesn't have "defending" in his job description.

Players and management aren't arsed about the league.

Pellegrini has managed to work out a system we can play in Europe but hasn't been able to do it in the league since our last title win.

We'll probably see the same again on Saturday because "we always continue to play the same way"

It was such a contrasting performance to the Chelsea game. Lack of intensity, no bite in the tackle and kept on passing to opposition so much that I seriously wondered if they were having problems telling the kits apart!!
Why such a change?? My own opinion is because of rotation, you finally get a great performance v Chelsea, you must pick the same team. But no, manager decides to rotate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.