Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Just got home A1 shut again . Can we add the highways agency to our vendetta list?
Poor lacklustre performance can only pray we ain't that bad next Tuesday or we ain't going to Milan
I think they've changed their name to Highways England to get us off their trail.
We went north of the ground to the A1 and then had to divert once we'd crossed the Tyne. The usual route had a mega tailback so we went through Gateshead and got back on the A1 by that rusty statue. Then the A1 was shut again near Scotch Corner. - And we only used the A1 because the A19 had bloody roadworks.
Similar to that cup tie at Sunderland when both roads were closed on the same night.

Despite all the negatives, I thought Mangala was a boss tonight. He's somehow become not shite, which is a pleasant surprise.
I agree apart from panicking and passing the ball right back to the opposing team after making a good tackle or interception.

I actually don't think we panic and pass the ball back to the opposition, I think we overestimate how good we are and think we can play Hollywood passes through a group of players and expect to reach the intended target. I think it stems from us having a very strong reliance on our passing game and believing we can pass through the eye of a needle.

I actually don't think we panic and pass the ball back to the opposition, I think we overestimate how good we are and think we can play Hollywood passes through a group of players and expect to reach the intended target. I think it stems from us having a very strong reliance on our passing game and believing we can pass through the eye of a needle.
you may well be right.well observed.

We like putting undue pressure on ourselves and never do it the easy way.

4th spot may well go down to the last game of the season.

Hopefully Palace can do us a favour and get something at Manure.

We really should smash Stoke but you know we will do our best to make it harder than it should be.

At this time of year games against relegation threatened teams tend to be a tough encounter. Tonight we played a side who have a handful of games to save thier skins. That team have recently appointed a manager who is amongst the best in Europe who has now had a few weeks to sort a bloody awful mess out. It was away at a stadium that hosts a very decent set of fans who can lift a side if they have the slightest reason to do so.

In 7 days time we play Real Madrid in the Champions league semi final.....now there is a very good argument to say that is the biggest match our club has ever played in, and indeed is the biggest tie a good few of our players have played in. Like it or not all concerned might just have been slightly less motivated to "get stuck in" than our opponents this evening.

All in all the performance may not have been one of our better ones, but lets give credit to Newcastle for their part in stopping us winning, and also remember we didnt get beat....had we played Newcastle a month ago we would have stuffed them. Not a bad result under the circumstances and some of the reaction on here is worryingly Rag like.

I wonder how it would have been recieved if we had won 2-0 but lost Aguero or De Bruyne through injuries caused by flying into tackles tonight?
spot on.every word.

I was amazed to see Pellegrini beat his own personal best, most baffling starting XI in history record. Absolutely no surprise for me what happened on the pitch when I saw the team line up, it's beyond belief, where do you start? I'll try.....

Playing away from home against a team battling for their lives who you know will swamp midfield and run their socks off so let's,

Break up a center half partnership which for the first time seems to be actually functioning and play someone who looks absolutely fucked, and then leave him on for 90minutes despite him clearly not being fit. Then expose them a bit more by playing a left back who has clearly never been told where a left back plays. Then when your back four is already fucked don't bother to give them any protection but play a 2 man midfield excluding your best player but including one player who can't get beyond a jog.
Stick a defensive midfielder with limited creative abilities on one wing and a player who can't beat the first man on the other wing effectively ensuring no service to your striker. Leave yourself no option but to play everything through your one central midfielder who is in any kind of form but who is hopelessly outnumbered.

When the above fails badly do nothing.

Absolutely mind blowing

Old Peller never learned what a shit midfield he's got from this disaster combination, Delph (clueless) + Toure (lazy) + Fernando (slow/sideway pass)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.