Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Another fail today and unfortunately it has been the same story throughout this season- impress, raise expectations/hope and then fail. Personally I was not surprised in light of what has happened this season. I was however alarmed by the performance and attitude of some of the players considering the fact that there are only a few games left and top 4 is not guaranteed. Qualifying for the Champions league next year remains an absolute priority and necessity and it has to be done in any way possible.

Newcastle played well, but I believe their confidence grew as the game went on and it dawned on them that our players are not serious about honestly applying themselves and winning so by the second half they were in full flow and in all seriousness deserved at least a draw.

Next season cannot come quickly enough but we have to qualify for the champions league and take it from there.

Despite all the negatives, I thought Mangala was a boss tonight. He's somehow become not shite, which is a pleasant surprise.

arguably up there as one of the worst performances of the season for me.

just not sharp at all, didn't understand delph being on the wing, far too reliant on de bruyne and aguero to come up with some magic, and thought we badly missed silva and or nasri.

i do wonder with that being our sixth game in seventeen days after a two week international break has caused a few players to hit a wall, i don't know. either way it's a concern considering we have a game early on saturday and a semi-final first leg next tuesday. i even think the second leg of the semi-final is a week later so we will be doing weekend to weekday matches for another few weeks yet.

i also wonder whether the madrid game is going to be too soon for vinny as he looked well off the level he needs to be at if he wants to lay in that game next week.

That's the problem. Yaya is great going forward but wank when it comes to defensive duties. If you play Yaya as a 10 then you have to shunt KDB out on to a wing and that's a waste. So Manuel sacrifices his absolute best defensive shield of the two Ferns (or a Fern and a Delph) to shoehorn Yaya into the team ... and it's killing us. Because then, instead of having two players harrying, chasing, intercepting, you have one bloke trying to do the work of two men while Yaya jogs about in the middle. That makes the one guy look poor and exposes the back line - which, for me, is why our defense has looked so bad at times this year. Play the two Ferns and Manga and Ota look great.
Pellegrini owes you his next check

Just got home A1 shut again . Can we add the highways agency to our vendetta list?
Poor lacklustre performance can only pray we ain't that bad next Tuesday or we ain't going to Milan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.