Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

I'm sensing a lot of negativity in here... I didn't think it was all that bad. An away draw against Newcastle who are desperately trying to avoid relegation, is a "normal" result. Those who thought to come win 0-4 are a bit deluded imo.
I did feel like most of the players turned up last night, they worked hard, had the better of the game and created enough chances to win but City mist a little bit of luck. Could easily have been 1-2 and then everybody would've called it a hard fought victory which shows the team's current character ... So I'm quite positive about the players.
As for the manager, Delph on the left was definitely a strange choice, but I assume Sterling wasn't fit enough to start (he didn't look very convincing coming in either, tbh) & Silva + Nasri couldn't play, so he didn't have much options left.
I did also expect Nacho to come in not Bony ... not sure why he did that.
Anyway on to the next: Stoke at home. Not expecting any problems there as Stoke have nought to play for after their defeat v Tottenham. 3 or 4-0 easily.
We missed a bit of luck? Could have sworn we were awarded a goal that was 3 yards offside.

I think he meant it was a fair result. His other comments indicate that there were things he wasn't pleased with, like the lack of energy but obviously thought a day less to recover was a factor.

A day less than who? Not Newcastle.... plus he had the benefit of playing some players who hadn't played on Saturday. He blatantly, as do the players who know they are leaving, has his eyes on the Real Madrid game and doesn't really care much for the league now that we can't win it

Unfortunately he has all his eggs in one basket and that basket involves beating Real Madrid and Bayern/athletico

Last edited:
I just want this season to end.
That's how i started feeling after the run of Leicester Spurs Liverpool (obviously we then beat Villa) Norwich and United games - 5 terrible performances pretty much in a row (other than the Villa win) out of 6 games. It's been such a disappointing Premier League season, i'd had enough of it then.

The the fuckers perked me up a bit after three wins in a row...then came last night!

A petty point, both they and SSN routinely remain silent on all off-side goals scored against us whilst headlining any we get away with. I thought that simple fact would have penetrated your brain by now.
Your life must be one frustrating one. All you ever talk about is the unfair media coverage. Don't watch or listen to or read it pal, it's so easy to do and far less annoying!

Your life must be one frustrating one. All you ever talk about is the unfair media coverage. Don't watch or listen to or read it pal, it's so easy to do and far less annoying!

We 'paranoids' need to read the 'unfair' media coverage. We need to see what the cnuts are saying and are upto. No point in just reading all the stuff that you agree with. Leads to a false sense of everything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.