Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

There was a blatant penalty not given on Sergio so for me that sort of evens up his offside goal.

The Newcastle fans I spoke to last night after the game had mixed views: most of them were pretty much in agreement that we got away with an offside goal but they got away with a clear penalty, although some of them were apoplectic with rage about the off-side goal!

Disappointing 2nd half but fatigue played a big part I reckon. Thought Toure, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph absolutely stank the place out. Navas not much better but i find it hard to criticise him when he works so diligently. The injuries were a killer again - you can see how much we missed A N Other footballer to be out there with KDB and Kun in the attacking third.

Might turn out to be a very valuable point in the end in terms of the race for 3rd/4th only the season's end will tell. Happy nobody else got injured and Vinny got 90 minutes in his legs.
Only had Nasri back for a couple of games, but it showed again last night how we have missed him.

Entirely agree with your point re missing AN other footballer. Silva has had a poor season, but could really done with him or Nasri there last night.
Delph was dire, absolutely dire. You would assume Nasri would have played instead of him, was he fit, and the difference in the ability to keep the ball between the 2 of those is lightyears apart. Really can't believe how bad Delph was - he can put a shift in, but he never is going to be good enough for where we are going.

For all his injury comebacks, I can't really remember Kompany looking as rusty as that.

Let's hope we pick it up against Stoke! Perform like that against Real, though.....

Typical Pellegrini, picks the wrong team and as a result will pick the wrong team on Saturday.

No way Yaya should've started, he'd be far more use Saturday but will probably get a rest then. Likewise Fernandinho should've started but will now start Saturday. Delph isn't a winger so why play him there. Sterling should've got an hour as he is clearly short of match fitness.

If we're playing away to a team battling relegation you have to match their work rate and superior players will win the match for us. Pellegrini has never learnt this just expects us to turn up and win.

As happens so often we didn't work hard enough, were sloppy in possession and conceded a soft goal after a lucky break with the offside goal.

The Newcastle fans I spoke to last night after the game had mixed views: most of them were pretty much in agreement that we got away with an offside goal but they got away with a clear penalty, although some of them were apoplectic with rage about the off-side goal!

Just fucking annoys me that all the press talked about this morning was the offside goal, Sergio has had numerous blatant penalties denied to us over the past two seasons-its a fucking disgrace tbh.

[QUOTE="dancity19, post: 9366713]
For all his injury comebacks, I can't really remember Kompany looking as rusty as that.

Let's hope we pick it up against Stoke! Perform like that against Real, though.....[/QUOTE]
We didn't lose and didn't pick up any extra injuries so not a bad night really but my only major concern was Kompany, he looked totally out of sorts and as you say, that's unusual for him even in his first game back.

I was hoping we could rest him till Tuesday now but he definitely needs another game to get the sloppy passes and mistimed challenges out of his legs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="dancity19, post: 9366713]

Let's hope we pick it up against Stoke! Perform like that against Real, though.....
We didn't lose and didn't pick up any extra injuries so not a bad night really but my only major concern was Kompany, he looked totally out of sorts and as you say, that's unusual for him even in his first game back.

I was hoping we could rest him till Tuesday now but he definitely needs another game to get the sloppy passes and mistimed challenges out of his legs.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I've said in previous posts, we shouldn't be gambling with him. The one thing any team needs is a stable defence, we've been doing so much better recently and finally a partnership established between Otamendi and Mangala and then some genius decides its time be to throw in Vinnie for a couple of games as if our whole chances of getting past Real are based on whether he can play or not. As much as I love Vinnie, now was not the time to be changing the defence.

If Kompany is going to play against Madrid (he is) then it was imperative that he got minutes under his belt last night.

It's hardly a very good result. It's an acceptable result from a crap performance. We're getting closer and closer to cementing fourth place minimum, but we really should be gunning for third, now. Especially with the Arse looking rocky. We don't want to be playing qualifying matches at the end of August, just after a summer of the Euros. Many of our players, especially Silva, desperately need a proper summer break.

a good result can be a draw and when your playing below par you take a point away from home. we are still in champions league and that is a key point with the club and players they are not daft and giving 100% and a chance of injury or burn out. in the 2 away games 4 points I would have bite your hand off and the win at Chelsea was the bonus and Newcastle was always going to be the harder of the 2 with them fighting for there life

the game vs stoke is now a very very big game for me not for getting 3rd or 4th place but for keeping everybody fit for the semi final. stoke are a hard team and will be up for a fight they will leave something on you that's there style but we should have more than enough to kill them off early and that's the key for me score some quick goals and then use the bench

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.