Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Fernandinho was the biggest miss for me, he's the only box to box midfielder we have, otherwise when Sergio drops to get involved in build ups there is no-one in the box for crosses.
For me we only have 4 players who should start in every single game, Hart, KDB, Sergio and Fernandinho

Just read the BBC 'unbiased' match report. First sentence in the article proper: "Aguero was offside when he headed in Aleksandar Kolarov's free-kick." Not a single mention of the penno Aguero was later denied.

I'm not arguing with the offside declaration, he was miles off, but don't you think something that could've drastically changed the outcome of a teams entire season should get mentioned.

Disappointing 2nd half but fatigue played a big part I reckon. Thought Toure, Kolarov, Fernando, Delph absolutely stank the place out. Navas not much better but i find it hard to criticise him when he works so diligently. The injuries were a killer again - you can see how much we missed A N Other footballer to be out there with KDB and Kun in the attacking third.

Might turn out to be a very valuable point in the end in terms of the race for 3rd/4th only the season's end will tell. Happy nobody else got injured and Vinny got 90 minutes in his legs.

its a very good result and a point that will keep a gap and keep it in our own hands with arsenal still coming to the Etihad and that game could let united and Liverpool take 4th place from the losers

Nasri a huge miss last night for a start. Navas worked his arse off with little end product again. Kun grabbed the goal that got us a point but other than that, not much, Kevin tried but with Nasri missing, both him and Kun just struggled as most of our players failed to make a pass to either of them for 90 mins, Yaya and Fernando horrific, as was Delph! AK horiific and Vinny horrific for me. Zabba legs have gone.

Of the subs made, Sterling equally horrific as well.

Mangala did well and Joe made a great save to keep the point for us.

Manager got it wrong.

Roll on Pep and a few of the above finding gainful employment elsewhere because they are just not good enough.

its a very good result and a point that will keep a gap and keep it in our own hands with arsenal still coming to the Etihad and that game could let united and Liverpool take 4th place from the losers

It's hardly a very good result. It's an acceptable result from a crap performance. We're getting closer and closer to cementing fourth place minimum, but we really should be gunning for third, now. Especially with the Arse looking rocky. We don't want to be playing qualifying matches at the end of August, just after a summer of the Euros. Many of our players, especially Silva, desperately need a proper summer break.

Our worst of the season
It wasn't good, we know that but it was far from the worst. There has been a considerable number of dire games this year, Sunderland away was perhaps the worst for me though we scraped a win.

Well, at least the aerial view you get from the stand at St James' Park makes it easy to spot the tactical weaknesses.... and there were plenty to see.

We didn't seem to want to stretch Newcastle at all, playing so narrowly most of the game, and not pushing players forward anywhere near fast enough. Even Kun was back on the edge of our penalty area in the last 10 minutes defending corners, allowing every single Newcastle player to be in there too!

And I can honestly say - even in our dismal days in the 90s - that I have never seen a City team give the ball away so much. Win the ball back...give it away again on the first or second pass. Have the ball in a good position....try to take on three players when there's an easier pass (although to be fair, with the lack of movement, perhaps there wasn't always an easy pass). String together 3 or 4 passes, then hoof the ball upfield to our tiny striker! Just awful.

I'm just glad I didn't have to travel very far to see it...

The only player to perform was Hart, and possibly Navas, but the rest were just dire. Mangala, Kolarov, Yaya and Delph gave the ball away so many times between them, even Vinny, Aguero and KDB couldn't seem to pass to another City player half the time.... so frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.