Newcastle (a) post match thread

I'd wager Walker has been responsible for half the goals we have conceded this season.

He never was the most technically proficient but even his supposed recovery pace isn't as pronounced this season.

He makes numerous bad choices and being asked to join up and make another man in the midfield is exposing both him and us horribly. He always turns inside and is never far away from a rash challenge, overrunning the ball or a bad tackle.

I personally don't like him and would prefer we went after someone we can rely on for the next five or six years, the lad Wan-Bissaka at Palace, he''l do for me.

He always just heads the ball in the direction of midfield, never to an actual player.

Most frustrating factor for me is the fact scoring so early should have ended Newcastle's game plan, after leading we should have sat back, given them the ball, and picked them off, nothing altered and their limited ability but we'll drilled defending allowed them a platform to stay in, and ultimately win the game

Not to be a tit, but that can be said for all top teams. We are not the only team who had playars in the World Cup
We also had more players than anyone (Spurs excluded) in the latter rounds, meaning no and very little rest.

He always just heads the ball in the direction of midfield, never to an actual player.

I have noticed recently that teams want us playing the build-up ball out towards Walker's side, so they are pushing up on Fernandinho and our left-back.

Teams generally did that also when they leave Kompany as the free man, knowing he isn't a reliable passer.

Invariably, Walker will play high risk or back to the keeper.

Just to us though to be fair to the ref he did clearly tell Kevin not to take it till the wall was sorted out.
The booking was out if order though.
Correct, so in future a quick free kick cannot be taken until the ref blows ? I can guarantee that in the coming weeks a team will score from a quick free kick and it will be allowed. Absolutely no consistency is shown by the officials and that’s the problem

The absolute comedy show of last night still leaves a bitter taste.
We had a team strong enough to win that but the lethargy and lack of basic defending, passing and putting the chances away was, as usual our downfall. I can’t fathom why Jesus or Bernardo weren’t in the starting line up due to their form. I realise others need minutes but they were working well.
I have yet to understand why Danilo is still considered good enough for our team. He was absolutely shocking, his positioning and giving the ball away numerous times along with Walker contributed to our keystone cop defending. Mendy isn’t much better, so move Laporte there until we have a permanent consistent replacement.
In reality I think the league is over for us, I cannot see us clawing back the points difference now. The dippers won’t make any mistakes from now on.
We have no one else to blame but ourself.

We only have ourselves to blame this season, to lose three games against Leicester, Palace and Newcastle after taking the lead is unforgivable.

As much as people don't like to admit it he Dippers deserve to win the League this year.

Has the season finished or have I missed something

I don't have an issue with the disallowed goal, referee clearly asked Kev to wait.

Where he got it wrong was then bottling it not sending off De Bruyne in the second half and then their lad just a few moments later (although the foul was on KDB, who was lucky to still be on the pitch)

Much as it smarts, we were mainly let down last night by our experienced or go-to guys, Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho, who were all shite in various form or another.

I'd also argue Sterling has only played well against Liverpool in last couple of months.

We didn’t lose the game because we signed Mahrez – who incidentally didn’t start in any of the defeats to Newcastle, Palace and Leicester.

We didn’t lost the game because of fatigue – Despite the amount of games this month it’s too early to blame physical or mental fatigue, we can save that excuse for the end of February after playing games in 4 different competitions.

We didn’t lose the game because of the referee – it was obvious De-Bruyne was told not to take the free-kick until the whistle had blown.

We lost the game because we lacked ideas and were guilty of bad decision making. I like the team playing out from the back, I find it sexy, but to get away with it all season would have been a miracle. Nailed on penalty. Sadly its costs us a goal, which has resulted in a defeat. (Always hoped the time we'd get caught out playing from the back would be at 3 or 4 nil up)

For me Walker is the weak link. Danilo has to play RB and Delph LB until Mendy is ready.

We move on, the seasons not over, there’s still a lot to play for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.