Newcastle (a) post match thread

I've been trying to think when did we last play so woefully as the 2nd half in particular and I am really struggling.

It's clear as day that our opposition are sealing off the wingers and inviting the fullbacks to play it inside, which they are incapable of doing.

This is exactly what happened in year one and it's shocking that Pep hasn't sorted this.

I've been trying to think when did we last play so woefully as the 2nd half in particular and I am really struggling.

Midweek at Burton.

Southampton over Christmas.

Even the game at Huddersfield last weekend, the warning signs were there, where a better team or poor application could cost us.

This hasn't come out of nowhere. If anything, the win and performance against Liverpool seems more of an anomaly, than what we have been serving up for quite a while.

Others have suggested it has simply been game management, keeping our powder dry, but we haven't been able to select our highest gear all season.

I'd wager Walker has been responsible for half the goals we have conceded this season.

He never was the most technically proficient but even his supposed recovery pace isn't as pronounced this season.

He makes numerous bad choices and being asked to join up and make another man in the midfield is exposing both him and us horribly. He always turns inside and is never far away from a rash challenge, overrunning the ball or a bad tackle.

I personally don't like him and would prefer we went after someone we can rely on for the next five or six years, the lad Wan-Bissaka at Palace, he''l do for me.
Agreed Wan Bissaka looks an excellent player who has pace and can defend

Every good team has a bad spell in a season, it comes to all.

We hit the bad spell with Chelsea / palace / Leicester, problem being last night was worse than those performances so why after a month of good performances are we down to this level for a game.

Pep did look pissed off, you can see why. His players making the worse passes I have seen us do plus our forwards trying to dribble through three players rather than pass. Danilo / Walker where horrendous, they looked like players that played for a low down the table team on shit form, nothing like what pep expects.

Only a bad run like the dippers had a few seasons ago will allow us to win the league. Cant see that happening, plus after last night can not see us putting an explosive run in.

first thing first, BIG SHOUT OUT TO THE FANS loud and proud

big intake (breath)
right, yes hate lose and in a title race its hard to take, but shit happens and after last season great run and points and goals it was always going to be hard this season
not digging anybody out and we trust pep 100% and owners 1000% and we have been in bigger mess than we are today, so if we are not winning the premier league this season then anybody but united i can take, i may not like red scouse scum but the hurt is only going to last a couple of days if they end up winning the league, not like united it would take all summer ???

its never over to its over but if liverpool win tonight they have a 3 games 2 defeats in the bank and salah diving and the officials handing them the title its look bleak
the game last night itself was always going to be a slippy one and we just did not get going and everything was off and even the early goal was a lucky one, the ref was shocking and the yellow card for KDB was just a joke and when he should have been shown another yellow the ref bottled it knowing the mistake in the first half

many on here in the pre match thread saying its a banker and bagging the 3 points before kick off maybe now you will understand the old school fans views about away games
and slowly we are turning into johnny big bollocks fans and everything manchester city fans hate about the scum over the road,

we are not done yet and still have 3 cups to play and winning a cup will soften the blow and winning a couple of cup will be a great season, so we move on we all need to come together and back this great club and players and manager and at the end of the day if we come up short then we go again next season
It was a banker in terms of what else we have to face but despite a 1 goal start we still managed to lose to a team that was extremely poor and barely crossed into our half in anger. Look your right its not the end of the world and we still have a good chance of a domestic cup double and that will do most of us just fine. Indeed after that performance last night we really can't expect to win the league and that's fine with me also. But my main point is where we are heading next season and beyond and I think there is a lot more planning to be done than many of us thought last May.

I'd wager Walker has been responsible for half the goals we have conceded this season.

He never was the most technically proficient but even his supposed recovery pace isn't as pronounced this season.

He makes numerous bad choices and being asked to join up and make another man in the midfield is exposing both him and us horribly. He always turns inside and is never far away from a rash challenge, overrunning the ball or a bad tackle.

I personally don't like him and would prefer we went after someone we can rely on for the next five or six years, the lad Wan-Bissaka at Palace, he''l do for me.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the ridiculous amount of games he has played in the past 18 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.