Newcastle (a) post match thread

Possibly our strongest starting 11 last night and It was an absolute shambles I was pissed off all the way home and can't even switch Sky on now.

@@@@@@@
I am honestly trying not to spend too much time on the forum, sport sites, or watching NBCSN, Sky, BBC, etc. for the next few days as it will only intensify my disappointment and frustration. There’s always an inquest after a loss like this (especially for this one, given the Liverpool situation and the previous Leicester and Palace losses) and everyone is cross with everyone on here and the media like to twist the knife.

The next few days will undoubtly see a lot of blue-on-blue handbags that I don’t want to be a part of.

It was a banker in terms of what else we have to face but despite a 1 goal start we still managed to lose to a team that was extremely poor and barely crossed into our half in anger. Look your right its not the end of the world and we still have a good chance of a domestic cup double and that will do most of us just fine. Indeed after that performance last night we really can't expect to win the league and that's fine with me also. But my main point is where we are heading next season and beyond and I think there is a lot more planning to be done than many of us thought last May.

the vision for the future is looking great and long term its not going to be a big fire sale in the summer yes age is catching up on a couple of key players, but am 100% we can get another good season out of silva and fernandinho so maybe 2 or 3 transfer windows we can bring in some new young blood, but 6 or 7 mega money transfer signings in one window i think them days have gone, yes the money is there but we don't need to panic buy and stock up on squad players like we have done in the past.

if manchester city have to tick over and go for the cups this season then fine lets give it 100%, and if we win one out of the 3 then ok we are still picking up silverware, i believe pep when he says last season took so much out of this young squad, and the world cup manchester city had the most players at the tournament so again many many hours in the legs catches up on you and keeping that level up is impossible,

also is and that many don't really see or want to see is the premier league teams are catching up and we can not do much about that, we set the standards and ask the questions can you give us a game, so not only have manchester city set levels for our self but for the others

only question i can ask of manchester city is can we have a left back or 2 ?? its a puzzle that needs fixing because mendy is untested for a full season forget asking players to cover that role get a young left back and a senior left back that way you have the teacher and the pupil even mendy is young so why have we banked on him ???

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the ridiculous amount of games he has played in the past 18 months.
Maybe but he also gets paid a ridiculous amount of money to play these ridiculous amount of games. The problem is that walker and a lot of the England players have got big bollocks syndrome and think by getting a piss poor passage to the semi finals think they are Better than they actually are.

When do you think Liverpool will have their bad spell? Your first sentence says they will, your last sentence says they won't. Not having a go by the way.
I don’t think they will. They have got the bit between there teeth now and I think they will smash Leicester tonight

I am honestly trying not to spend too much time on the forum, sport sites, or watching NBCSN, Sky, BBC, etc. for the next few days as it will only intensify my disappointment and frustration. There’s always an inquest after a loss like this (especially for this one, given the Liverpool situation and the previous Leicester and Palace losses) and everyone is cross with everyone on here and the media like to twist the knife.

The next few days will undoubtly see a lot of blue-on-blue handbags that I don’t want to be a part of.

Last thing you wanna do is listen to pundits or read papers or visit forums. For one or 2 days atleast best thing is to use less social media, avoid papers and football on TV. Isn't it hard enough already to swallow the defeat alone or you prefer an extra topping of salt?

1) Unbelieveable after playing so well recently that our players just didn't look up for this game at all

2) Sane (Pep's scapegoat) removed again when things were NOT going too well - alright, he wasn't playing well, but neither was anyone else, if we're chasing a game and need to open UP a very defensive team he needs to stay on the field purely for that one moment he can create, puts Sterling on the left and IMO never looks as comfortable there.

3) Brings on Gundogan when were desperate, IMO Mahrez needs to come on, I'm not his biggest fan but he can create soemthing out of nothing. Foden will be thinking about a loan or permanent move in the summer.

4) Talking of Mahrez, total waste of money IMO, when young, talented wingers are leaving Cty because they don't see a route to the first team and we were desperate for a DM and now just as desperate for a LB too, our transfer policy seems a bit skewed, we pay £60 for player we don't really need, then lose our no 1 target Jorginho through trying to drive a hard bargain (having seen him play for Chelsea a few time now, I'm not sure he;s as good as people would have us believe though).

5) Zero hunger or desire in that game yesteray, it was just short of a f*cking disgrace... Where was the aggression and desire we showed against Liverpool recently? Beyond me how the team collectively can put in two perfomances that are a millions miles apart.

6) Pep was moaning about fixtures, on one hand he talks about respecting and trying to win in all competitions, on the other hand he talks about winning all four tournaments as a 'fantasy'. IMO we need to start looking at conentrating on th league and CL and f*ck the domestic cups .It's probably going to cost us to the league and of all teams I'd hate to lose to Liverpool is no.1, also when we get to the business end of the CL, our squad could well be depeleted, players knackeered, affected by injuries.

1) Unbelieveable after playing so well recently that our players just didn't look up for this game at all

2) Sane (Pep's scapegoat) removed again when things were NOT going too well - alright, he wasn't playing well, but neither was anyone else, if we're chasing a game and need to open UP a very defensive team he needs to stay on the field purely for that one moment he can create, puts Sterling on the left and IMO never looks as comfortable there.

3) Brings on Gundogan when were desperate, IMO Mahrez needs to come on, I'm not his biggest fan but he can create soemthing out of nothing. Foden will be thinking about a loan or permanent move in the summer.

4) Talking of Mahrez, total waste of money IMO, when young, talented wingers are leaving Cty because they don't see a route to the first team and we were desperate for a DM and now just as desperate for a LB too, our transfer policy seems a bit skewed, we pay £60 for player we don't really need, then lose our no 1 target Jorginho through trying to drive a hard bargain (having seen him play for Chelsea a few time now, I'm not sure he;s as good as people would have us believe though).

5) Zero hunger or desire in that game yesteray, it was just short of a f*cking disgrace... Where was the aggression and desire we showed against Liverpool recently? Beyond me how the team collectively can put in two perfomances that are a millions miles apart.

6) Pep was moaning about fixtures, on one hand he talks about respecting and trying to win in all competitions, on the other hand he talks about winning all four tournaments as a 'fantasy'. IMO we need to start looking at conentrating on th league and CL and f*ck the domestic cups .It's probably going to cost us to the league and of all teams I'd hate to lose to Liverpool is no.1, also when we get to the business end of the CL, our squad could well be depeleted, players knackeered, affected by injuries.
Point number 5 is what really pissed me off about that shitshow last night. No bollocks in that team at times when things aren't going our way. Really, really poor this season when it comes to desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.