Newcastle (a) post match thread

2016%2BCoffmore%2BCigarettes%2B-%2BIt%2527s%2Ba%2BFunny%2BOld%2BGame%2B-101.jpg

Waited until this morning to post, I still have don't know what the fuck happened last night to a team that was flying, did someone's dog die.

Amongst other poor displays, I was intrigued by the performances of Sane and Sterling. In a game against two banks of defenders you need someone to beat their man and, at the very least, force the opposition to alter thrir positioning. That is what both are capable of doing but neither did. Both of them either lost the ball to their marker or simply stroked it back to the defender who had passed to them, something Newcastle were more than happy to allow all evening.

I can't bear to read through the previous 91 pages so sorry if its been mentioned already, but does anyone else think this team has a real habit of sulking whenever a referee makes a particularly bad decision?

I think it's happened quote a few times now over the last few years. We get a really bad decision, whether it's a goal disallowed or a blatant penalty or red card not given and they just seem to take ages to get over it.
Not enough leaders on the pitch, besides that what did Pep say at ht, we were 1-0 up don't forget.

Amongst other poor displays, I was intrigued by the performances of Sane and Sterling. In a game against two banks of defenders you need someone to beat their man and, at the very least, force the opposition to alter thrir positioning. That is what both are capable of doing but neither did. Both of them either lost the ball to their marker or simply stroked it back to the defender who had passed to them, something Newcastle were more than happy to allow all evening.

We should have players overlapping sane and sterling when they are being doubled and trebled up on just try something different.

I think it's safe to say we're in a bad patch, Seen as we havent went through a spell like this in about 2 years!
Last night showed along with the Leicester and Palace performances that you can't just turn up and expect to walk away with three points. Personally I think all those defeats we didn't work hard enough didn't look like we had hunger to put those teams to bed even after leading in each of them.
For some reason last night we didn't look like a side that had 7 wins on the bounce.
Pep will turn it around he's too good of a manager not to, He's a serial winner, He'll be just as pissed off as much as we are.

It might help if he didn't sit there on the bench for the whole game with a face liked a smacked arse.

I can't bear to read through the previous 91 pages so sorry if its been mentioned already, but does anyone else think this team has a real habit of sulking whenever a referee makes a particularly bad decision?

I think it's happened quote a few times now over the last few years. We get a really bad decision, whether it's a goal disallowed or a blatant penalty or red card not given and they just seem to take ages to get over it.
Yes, there is something in that. We could see it again last night. The players are all clearly agendaists. It’s unsurprising really, given the shit they’ve had to put up with, all the Sterling penalties not given, the amount of times they’ve each been hacked down with the decision being either “no foul”, or “not even a yellow”. It’s like it’s got to them and they almost concede to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.