Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Stop being a fucking fanny wipe.

I’ve not said anything awful about Ederson who I wouldn’t swap with anyone. Nor am I singling him out. I made a comment I entirely standby.

FYI, you’re not the forum police and others are allowed to make comments about individual players without your fucking approval.

you did single out Ederson however - you posted particualy about him not puling up trees, pointing out that Hart at times made great saves (which he did) but in a post started about Ederson.

and i dont usually call out other posters directly but your post seemed really strange based on the more obvious issues we have (and continue to have)

I’d like to see a bit more of the free kick Ferdy gave away. From what I saw he appeared to pull back from the challenge spread his arms to say I’m not touching him with the Newcastle player throwing himself to the ground.

Defo wasnt contact but that doesn't excuse the schoolboy defending from the set piece.

Slow play,too many needless passes in mid-field,and why run 20/25yards towards a player then make a 5yard pass to said player,we have regressed big time in our movement of the ball.Too many touches before we pass.Wing play none existent we never go past a defender on the outside,drift into the middle where it’s clogged-up.so angry at a pathetic team performance. You

Very reminiscent of our first season. Seems to be a lack of drive, I don't know, is that the right word? Something coming up short, that's for sure.

A draw was probably a fair result, but I think Fernandinho was unlucky to have conceeded the foul that led to their second, looked a dive to me.

Funniest moment though was the look on the referee's face when De Bruyne hit that goal, looked like someone had pissed in his pint.

Slow pace of play,no movement off the ball.Why do we always bring everybody back into our penalty area on set pieces.Our set pieces none existent,slow ball into the area with no pace easy to defend against.On the free kick cant anybody see Shelvey on his own and Rodri don't turn your back on the shot

This team is ready for a major overhaul with Silva/Aguero past their prime and Jesus not up to scratch, Khaldoon will know this and has probably told Pep to bag the champions league whilst they secure some high quality replacements.

Fern is 34. He'll be 35 at the end of the season. He really doesn't offer enough offensively to make much difference.
You don't watch carefully enough then, from DM he has regularly started our attacks, he runs forward better (into more advanced positions) than Gundogan, who half the time seems to think he's got his own circle in the middle of the pitch which he dare not leave, also he's always available for a pass from either side to link the play across the pitch in a forward manner and rarely dithers on the ball, Gundogan only ever goes sideways, and often dithers, it partly why we are so slow.

We had the game well and truly won with a few minutes to go, that's the biggest depressant for me, we are not performing at the level required at the moment but I'm not giving anything up until we can't possibly win it .....
We can’t possibly win it.

It’s 11p behind Liverpool now and they won’t drop that much, not this year. So the league is lost. Or it’s about 5% chance we will get back on top.

Now we can might as well start Foden, Garcia, Cancelo in most of the league games, to get them rolling so everyone is up for the task and hit the ground running in 20/21.
Do the same with Mendy. It’s the only way to decide if he will ever be the same again and if it’s worth keeping him or not. We should probably look for a new left back next season as he looks like a shadow of his former self.

I can’t wait to see Stones cement his place as our third or fourth CB in the future. Laporte and our new incoming right footed CB should be our future pairing. Stones doesn’t deserve to play in a Pep team. He is fkng useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.