Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

When I saw the team sheet I thought Pep was taking the piss.
Why was Garcia starting when he is off to Barcelona?
Pep has constantly said he wants his players match fit for the Champions League so to my way of thinking Laporte should have started as I think he'll be on the bench for the final.
And Sergio must have really annoyed Pep with his penalty last week as he didn't even make the bench.
Having said all that a great win exactly mirroring the 1968 scoreline. Congratulations to Ferran for his hat-trick. Not a bad first season for him - two medals so far and a match ball.

Great entertainment and nice treble from Torres. Still not sure about Ake but you can't judge him in a game when he's partnering Garcia.
Too soon to judge him. But you have no problem judging Garcia, who didn't fail to defend the corner for Newcastle's opener and didn't give away a penalty, or does that not fit the narrative.

Buzzing with a crazy win. That's how to rotate a team with the bigger picture in sight, even the Chelsea game was fine, saved the panenka and the Var cunts.
Great character and performance from the lads, All of them, but I'm

Sick of the whinging cunts bashing Aké, García and Raz. Bore off you soiled arsewipes and bedwetters; insecure bastards who can't stop slagging off our lads, win, draw or lose. Do one.

Pep sees things we'll never see.

Thought Raz started decently but had a few moves not come off and seemed to lose confidence. Really hope he turns his form around.

Ake was unlucky with the penalty but he ran around the Newcastle player for their goal. Not quite sure what he was thinking there. Defensively we seemed to lose structure and chase the ball at times like school kids. Garcia has serenity so can see why Pep rates him but i don't think he has the brain to back it up quite yet especially with his low average speed. Not our problem for much longer though. When the centre backs aren't on it Walkers head goes and he does dumb stuff like the penalty.

Made up for Torres who took his goals almost Aguero style. My only concern and i think why he struggles wide is that he is too nice and not forceful enough. His finishing though especially tonight looks top class but if he was to be our Aguero replacement I'd want to see more aggression from him. Great goals tonight though.

Think Pep has his team in mind for the final and no one did enough to change it. Too soon for Torres as I think he'd replace Mahrez BUT Riyadh is a certainty for me
Agree with most of this. Glad you didn't join the mob mugging of Garcia, he is very young for a CB but with a defensive partner who balances his style he will be very effective, Spanish manager & Pep are not fools. Torres is four years younger than Sergio was when he came to City, I think we should not look at him as an Aguero replacement or the new Aguero. He is a very promising attacker, maybe compare him to Aguero when he gets to 24 yrs. old for a realistic comparison or better still let's think of him as the new Torres.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.