Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

Ake seems to be getting a lot of stick on here. For me he was playing for 2 as Garcia was shocking. What Barca see in him i don't know.

Barca : we’d like to buy Garcia in January for 10 million

City : Sorry, no we can’t.

Barca : 15 million ?

City : No we can’t, we have morals, scruples and ethics. He’s so shit you’ll have to wait for summer, when you can have him for free. A suitable value :O

Just seen the second penalty. Carson actually saves that too comfortably. That's what allows Willock to score from the rebound. Bit more stretched and he simply puts it comfortably wide of the post.

I had a senior moment I thought the penalty taker couldnt score from the rebound ! That another player had to touch the ball lol.
Dont know where that thought came from lol. I know the penalty taker cant score if it comes back of the wood work but for some reason thought it was same if the keeper saved it ;)

The objective for these last three PL games is to arrive at the CL final with all first choices and key subs fit and firing. With the title in the bag, Pep can forget the results and select and rotate with the CL in mind.
So great fun in this game, no complaints.

Swop Spanish Dave for KDB, Gundo, Foden or Mahrez, what the dirrerence?

Confidence, that's the missing item , not Spanish Dave.
The different system, the lack of exposure in our own defence, the far less number of opportunities to miss, etc etc are all exposing raz.

He was fine while we created loads by sitting up top and leaving gaping holes in behind(and he still had one of the worse conversion ratios even then), now pep has fixed that sterling will never deliver the goods with any consistency...i'm calling it right now. The club know it hence his benching for big matches.

Systems can flatter players sometimes and raz has been found out by our current one.

It has to be said your opinion doesn't coincide with that of Pep, Luis Enrique,Spain's Senior manager, Barcelona or his fellow City players. For a 20 year old CB who is only 6 ft. he has shown a lot of character to get where he has. He is still a City player and deserves a more intelligent appraisal than being ignorantly referred to as "complete shite" , a term more suited to refer to your well thought out post.
Garcia looks like a player with potential but I just can't see how he gets in the Spanish team (where he will soon be playing alongside Laporte). At the same age for example Micah Richards and Nedum were much better than him.
Garcia has good spatial awareness but seems very slow. He is not dominant in the air and his passing is solid but nothing special. I wish him well though and have no issues with the service he has given City.

It was a strange game I thought. The scoreline might make neutrals think it was close but it was one way traffic apart their attacks. When I saw the line up it was pretty obvious we would struggle at the back against them. Let's be honest I reckon a few might have been a bit jaded from winning the title party as well!

I'm sure it was lovely for the team to play Carson and I'm sure Pep doesn't want any injuries before the final. However, why not play a youth keeper? He was never going to have much to do and all we've learnt about Carson is that he is old and rusty and would never play in any competitive game. I also thought Palmer should have had a run about too.

These games now are just preparation for the final. Pep knows the team now and can't see Sterling, Cancelo or Mendy being in it. Sterling should've been able to get something from them but looks lost. Cancelo had a good game but he is far too inconsistent as well. Mendy found his level.

I really like that Saint Maximin. Direct, strong and very tricky. If course he'd end up like Sterling with us but he does look a decent player for them.

Overall I quite enjoyed a game on Friday night, plenty of goals and a decent performance given the circumstances.
Why not play a youth keeper? Because the youth keeper has played no part in this title winning campaign.

Carson has been part of this squad for 2 years, is clearly very popular, is clearly rated as a keeper and has had enormous positive influence on Ederson, Bravo and Steffen.

Last night was his reward and goes to show what a brilliant man manager Pep is.

#wewinasone

Last edited:
Anyone else a bit surprised and dissapointed we didnt play some more of our younger up and coming players yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.