Newcastle (A) | Post-Match Thread

Well it would do for me.

Touche! Or so I thought. If you read the full description, that house is an old hotel that needs gutting to turn it into a home. The pictures are a CGI impression of what it might look like if you coughed up another wad to do it up. God knows what it looks like inside at the moment.

Anyway thanks for posting it. Never seen a virtual house before.

Me too. The match day thread (which for me is read only) was exceedingly good as well, for a dead rubber, packed with full-on flap and get rid stuff. I especially liked the guy who felt compelled to tell us all he had a top job in Edinburgh, £2m in investments and a £1m house to rebut an accusation he was thick.

You couldn't make some of this up. Long may it continue to be a source of merry entertainment.

Btw if you don't know Edinburgh I can tell you £1m might get you less house than you might think.
That was a great post and in the old days would have lead to a parody thread.....I miss them.

It was a strange game I thought. The scoreline might make neutrals think it was close but it was one way traffic apart their attacks. When I saw the line up it was pretty obvious we would struggle at the back against them. Let's be honest I reckon a few might have been a bit jaded from winning the title party as well!

I'm sure it was lovely for the team to play Carson and I'm sure Pep doesn't want any injuries before the final. However, why not play a youth keeper? He was never going to have much to do and all we've learnt about Carson is that he is old and rusty and would never play in any competitive game. I also thought Palmer should have had a run about too.

These games now are just preparation for the final. Pep knows the team now and can't see Sterling, Cancelo or Mendy being in it. Sterling should've been able to get something from them but looks lost. Cancelo had a good game but he is far too inconsistent as well. Mendy found his level.

I really like that Saint Maximin. Direct, strong and very tricky. If course he'd end up like Sterling with us but he does look a decent player for them.

Overall I quite enjoyed a game on Friday night, plenty of goals and a decent performance given the circumstances.

Too soon to judge him. But you have no problem judging Garcia, who didn't fail to defend the corner for Newcastle's opener and didn't give away a penalty, or does that not fit the narrative.
Ake has impressed in other games, and for Bournemouth, and has been injured for much of the season. Garcia has never impressed me. And I said in the match thread that Ake went the wrong side of the scorer for their first goal.

Eric Garcia is complete shite. It has to be said. Can't be a coincidence that all the defenders around him turn to complete shite as soon as he is playing.
I think most would agree, but on the night Ake was even worse. I thought he was poor against Chelsea too.
As a pair, they are an accident waiting to happen ….just like vs Leicester when we shipped 5.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.