Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Exactly the kind of performance I was expecting to be honest.

The positives for me are that Walker, Dias and Haaland got a full rest, we will now have a much more manageable fixture schedule and Oscar Bobb looks the real deal.

I hate seeing us lose but I think it'll be a blessing in disguise and will help us in the other competitions.

Wasn't arsed about the game but that was utter wank. Grealish needs to offer more, especially with doku now. Could have played all night still not shot let alone scored.
Grealish, needs to offer something, terrible commentary, barcodes are fooking embarassing, a style of foul and fall over ball.

Can’t believe the plucky underdogs managed to turn over the unlimited funds oil club in such a historic victory… Christ the commentators were insufferable
Newcastle will get such a free ride compared tobus..I really think our early leavers, swathes of empties in final 10 minutes made the media look down on us, we have never recovered nor will we. Gone from loyal fans to "no fans" bullsht ..

For the 2nd match in a row lost our composure.
Newcastle just roughed us up and we crumbled.
Special mention for Grealish who was truly awful.
Great platform for Phillips who failed again, needs to go.
Agree 100 per cent. Tonight confirmed that Phillips will never be a player for us. Playing five yard passes backwards is not what any elite club requires. Grealish needs to buck his ideas up or he will just be a one-season wonder. The kids Lewis and Bobb did well (at least in the first half). You can tell Pep wasn't bothered because he took our best two players off in Ake and Kovacic. We move on to the next match. Feel sorry for the fans who went up there but going out is probably a blessing in disguise.

Better team by a country mile in the first half and after we brought our two substitutes on, we were better by a nautical mile. Just a pity we lost our bearings in between. Perfect test ahead of the next two games, and the experience will not do the youngsters and Phillips any harm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.