Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

sometimes its good for the squad players not at the level to be exposed. Gomes tried hard but hes not a premier league player. Bobb i thought looked promising but faded badly as he tired but i think he has the potential to look like he could get there.

the major concern is being without Rodri. what are we going to do against Arsenal - as soon as quality players came on tonight even Kovacic looked like he was struggling. Maybe you have to hope Bernie is back and play him deep.

Phillips though. wow. even first half he gave the ball away and regardless of stamina he shouldn't look weak on the ball but he is. slow to tackles, wayward control, even simple passes were 3-4 yards behind the winger and killed the momentum. I dont think he’ll eve start a game again.
Couple of times caught back.on his heels.
Needs to keep his head in the game 90/90

Chris Kavanagh - unknown​

Another referee for whom there is huge conjecture as to who he supports, with the whistler having been born in Manchester.
The fact that he has taken charge of eight United and seven City games means that despite the speculation, he does not follow one of the big teams. Suggestions that he supports Stalybridge Celtic have not been confirmed.

The ref is from Ashton. Do i even need to suggest the obvious? Also who the fuck are Stalybridge Celtics.

Credit where it's due, that 10 min spell after halftime was brilliant from Newcastle, they drowned us.The ref was overawed by the home crowd once they scored though. Joelinton made Fernandinho look like a choirboy in comparison tonight, and got off scot free again.

It's poor decision making from Lewis for the goal, a very inexperienced decision. I think the lad's future will be in midfield long-term. I felt Gvardiol got caught on the turn a bit tonight, still adapting to the fastest league in the world but he's got so much potential.

Grealish and Phillips need to get some weight off. They move like men down the pub. Shouldn't be drinking.

Doku game changer once again, must be given a chance as a starter in big games. Alvarez plays better when Haaland is also on the pitch.

Never went tonight as something came up at home, unfortunately. Glad I'm not walking back to the car now past all them squealing Geordies. If we were to drop out of one tournament it would be this one, plenty of positives to take and more minutes in the legs. God knows how we are gonna cope without Rodri at Arsenal, it's over to the genius of Pep.

Better off out of those Mickey Mouse cups.

We played like we weren’t really bothered about it anyway.
We had nothing at all to aim at up front. I thought Jack offered nothing. Thought Foden would make a difference but he didn’t.
Doku did make a difference but had nothing to aim at when he beat the last man.
Phillips doesn’t look like he did much wrong but that’s because he hides and offers zilch.
It’s staggering how much our midfield deteriorates without Rodri.
I know we’re missing Bernie, Kev, and Stones too but we honestly looked like a team that wasn’t overly pushed about this.

I feel sorry for Lewis with the goal and I think Bobb looks like he has decent feet. Gomez did ok too.
Kovacic is decent but looked knackered by the end of the first half.
Collectively though nothing stuck up front at all. And everyone of them was guilty of throwing away possession we had just won over and over again.

It was very Meh!

Me too. Not particularly arsed about the result but wanted us to score just to shut the wankers up.
You went arsed whether we won?
Takes all sorts I guess. Maybe it’s the new- age City and people like me have to understand there are fans like you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.