Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Alvarez needs to improve his first touch LMFAO.

He took two touches for his goal against Forest that were so quick the slow-mo looked full speed.

Come on mate.
He didn’t score against Forest. Think you mean Red Star. Tonight his first touch wasn’t there, when Bobb played him in, his touch cost him and he smashed it across the goal and out for a throw. He failed to control a pass on the edge of their box and it nearly cost us, just before they scored. He works his bollocks off and can finish, but his close control needs to improve. He’s not alone by the way!

No fucks given. We can’t whinge about every cup being important when we know that’s not real life.

I loved winning this cup...1976 final fking incredible
I think that for Blues of a certain age, the League Cup will always be an important trophy. Like, for me, the 2014 final v Sunderland and those brilliant goals (YaYa/Nasri) will always remain one of my fondest City memories. But, I suppose the world has moved on and the League Cup just doesn't matter too much any more. I was gutted last year when we crashed out at a poor Southampton, but look how that season ended! It could happen again this season...

Well hello "Typical City", haven't seen you for a while. Should have won didn't.
Those that can score didn't.
kovačić and Nunes will never score enough goals to match Gundogan in a billion years - great though their passing is.
Grealish has to find his shooting boots - which he seemingly left at Villa.
As to Phililips he won't make it with us. Put him under pressure and he gives the ball away.
Not sure either of them were bought to replace Gundogans goals.

Having said that, let's not pretend Gundgoan was prolific by any means; he scored 8 league goals in both of his last 2 seasons, and I guess a few of those were free kicks.

Not knocking him by the way as I loved him, but it wouldn't take much for them both to get 4 goals each to match what he contributed goals wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.