Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

HEHEHE, you just have to love the media narrative AGAINST City winning stuff!

Pep must be, quietly, very happy the second string got a good run out, against a decent team. They were streets ahead in the first half and went toe to toe in the second, even if we didn’t look too dangerous.

Great to see Lewis, Bobb and Gomez getting good minutes and doing well, until Lewis let the ball go for the goal. Thought Akanji & Gvardiol did fine, but the forward line looked impotent in the first half and non-existent in the second half.

We don’t like aggression and having an opponent “up us,” but we don’t come up against it very often.

Yet another example of City blowing their massive domination of possession and opportunities.

Again…Pep’s happy this is wiped from the calendar for the rest of the season. There are two competitions that matter and this is FOURTH!

Last edited:
You’d think Newcastle were a league one side the way the sky commentators were talking. Ridiculously bias commentatory!

We weren’t at it, but no shame in losing to them
also forgot to mention we were not gonna make it past quarters didnt they

The reality is it’s probably for the best. Those two semi‘s in January are always a killer. Newcastle are a horrible bunch of dirty bastards with a snidey shithouse of a manager and that’s why I wanted us to smash them, but that’s my emotions getting in the way.

Safe journey back all you blue boys.
We’ve got options now to play the Brentford home game, either the midweek of the next round of the Carabao Cup or the semi final dates in January, every cloud.

Chris Kavanagh - unknown​

Another referee for whom there is huge conjecture as to who he supports, with the whistler having been born in Manchester.
The fact that he has taken charge of eight United and seven City games means that despite the speculation, he does not follow one of the big teams. Suggestions that he supports Stalybridge Celtic have not been confirmed.

The ref is from Ashton. Do i even need to suggest the obvious? Also who the fuck are Stalybridge Celtics.
He's a Liverpool fan.

He might yet start at the weekend...
It’s not in our interests to isolate anyone now, as we simply cannot rule out the possibility of more injuries, though I do think you might be right.
He won't start at the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.