Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Extremely disappointed when we lose.
Don't understand this half-arsed approach by Pep, either play kids and lose or play to win.
Lost to five minutes of bluster and shouting crowd.
Phillips didn't do many things wrong, but nobody replaces Rodri right now even for a game.
With Nunes and Doku on we were 300% better.
I know Jack has been injured, but don't see him regaining his place in the first eleven.
Phillips didn't do much right. Nice lad but not good enough.

Chris Kavanagh - unknown​

Another referee for whom there is huge conjecture as to who he supports, with the whistler having been born in Manchester.
The fact that he has taken charge of eight United and seven City games means that despite the speculation, he does not follow one of the big teams. Suggestions that he supports Stalybridge Celtic have not been confirmed.

The ref is from Ashton. Do i even need to suggest the obvious? Also who the fuck are Stalybridge Celtics.
Which County FA is he registered with? Surely can’t be Manchester County FA

Now we're out of the Caraboa Phillips won't start another game unless we draw a minnow in the FA Cup. That's if he's still around in Jan.
He might yet start at the weekend...
It’s not in our interests to isolate anyone now, as we simply cannot rule out the possibility of more injuries, though I do think you might be right.

Phillips given a big chance - one good move followed by two average ones. Not fit enough and slow in thought too.
Oscar Bob looks really good & will have impressed Pep. Kova had a really quality first half and when he tired the team suffered.

Ref and Sky commentary were piss poor and eager for us to lose.

Joelinton is a twat, five really poor fouls no booking - I'll just leave it there.

Exactly the kind of performance I was expecting to be honest.

The positives for me are that Walker, Dias and Haaland got a full rest, we will now have a much more manageable fixture schedule and Oscar Bobb looks the real deal.

I hate seeing us lose but I think it'll be a blessing in disguise and will help us in the other competitions.
Agree on all points other than it would have been better if a few players had been sat at home rather than having a 24 hour round trip to Newcastle and back.

We haven’t got a big enough squad to take this competition seriously and when we get to December with the trip to Saudi and all the associated disruption, we’ll be glad we went out.

Wasn’t really expecting much from Phillips but the whole team was sloppy and once we failed to score in the first half we were always going to be in trouble. Bobb was very good first half and looks a player.

The concern is simply that we didn’t really get any reassurance over how we deal with Rodri’s absence. We need to get Bernado back as soon as and him, Kovacic and Nunes should be a good midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.