Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Thought Phillips had a good game. Bobb and Lewis went awol in midfield when Newcastle doubled up on Phillips.
Phillips hides.
It’s the safe sideways pass or nothing. Both him and Kovacic later in the game looked on the flats of their feet. No creativity.

They offered us out to the wings. Newcastle we’re happy with that. Nothing coming from the wings and even when Doku started to get by his man, nothing to aim at.

We did what we had to do and just got it out of the way and onwards to proper games
Yes, losing hurts and you feel for the travelling fans tonight with money and time spent supporting the Blues

Not much more can be said really that we all knew before kick-off, Pride in Battle
No mention of 5k away fans wed eve...imagine it being the other way round and they bought 5k to ours....cameraman would be fixated on the loyal geordies all night....our image is just so shit

You went arsed whether we won?
Takes all sorts I guess. Maybe it’s the new- age City and people like me have to understand there are fans like you.
We played half a full strength team and didn’t bring on our strongest players. Of course I wanted us to win but in the context of a competition that we were never likely to win due to the clash with the club World Cup, no I’m not too disappointed we’re out at this stage.

Think Pep was more pissed off with the officials than the result, they basically allowed Newcastle to kick their way into the lead, then blew the whistle every ten seconds when they were one up, no coincidence the first two bookings were our lads, born out of pure frustration, this seems to be a continuous theme in our games
What bollocks. We were weak as piss all night. Newcastle wanted it more

I have no problem going out of the CC infact in the log run its better for us. But a few points. Grealish was hopeless. I cant make him out. Gets the ball, we are away going for goal. He holds it up. He never beats his defender. He the slows it all down and passes backwards? Doku all day long for me. Interesting to hear Sky commentator.....This will be a famous win for Newcastle. We are talking about 3rd Round of the CC. LOL. OMG. Is this really how great our team have become. Let's keep the 100% PL wins on Saturday.

Felt like we treated it as a “run out” / training session rather than a proper game.

Didn’t seem interested in scoring or in rescuing the game when we went behind.

We’ll be glad of the rest and being out of it will come in handy when the fixtures start to pile up.

Thought Gomez played well.

Didn’t see enough from Phillips.

Saw flashes from Bobb, but he needs to develop his radar to avoid trouble rather than relying on his feet to get him out of trouble. Decent first full 90 from the kid.

He always fielded weekend teams it’s just the teams we’ve faced in the early rounds recently we’re a higher standard
Simply luck of the draw
We were beaten by bottom table Saints last year and by West Ham the year before, and this Newcastle team isn't very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.