Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

There will be a fair few on here who'll say forget it, doesn't matter. Not so many who travelled up there to cheer us on though I suspect. Anyway it does matter - and the lack of a serviceable alternative to Rodri is obvious to all. Why haven't we signed a press-resistant midfielder to cover for him? Why was Gomez on the right wing with Doku sat on the bench? Why were he and Nunes left there until 20 minutes from the end? Very poor.
Mate - anybody who travelled knew full well there was a very good chance we'd rotate.

Couldn't care less that were out, and would much rather go out now than in a latter round.

Some minutes given to those back from injury, and more time for the newer/younger players.

Sky desperate to paint Newcastle as the plucky underdog which was weird, one point the guy said Newcastle fans would have dreamed of a win after seeing the teams? Didn't we make about 8 changes, which is a lot going to St James Park no matter what side they have out! Pretty sure their fans knew we'd have played a weakened side, so were well up for it.

Happy to be out. The league and champions league are the priorities this season.

This season has seen a change of players running and carrying the ball in straight lines. I think Grealish is going to struggle if he continues to kill the momentum by slowing down and going backwards all the time.

Oscar Bobb was really impressive , love the balance and close control positive way of playing that he has.
He looked like he regressed to his first 8 x months with us... very dissapointing from him..Bobb on the other hand..

Well hello "Typical City", haven't seen you for a while. Should have won didn't.
Those that can score didn't.
kovačić and Nunes will never score enough goals to match Gundogan in a billion years - great though their passing is.
Grealish has to find his shooting boots - which he seemingly left at Villa.
As to Phililips he won't make it with us. Put him under pressure and he gives the ball away.
This is spot on, although I don’t see Grealish suddenly becoming prolific. This is his 3rd season here

There will be a fair few on here who'll say forget it, doesn't matter. Not so many who travelled up there to cheer us on though I suspect. Anyway it does matter - and the lack of a serviceable alternative to Rodri is obvious to all. Why haven't we signed a press-resistant midfielder to cover for him? Why was Gomez on the right wing with Doku sat on the bench? Why were he and Nunes left there until 20 minutes from the end? Very poor.
I imagine the travelling fans would have expected a better performance, with a bit more fight, especially in the 2nd half.

But can't say many of them expected a strong side given the injuries we have.

They've had plenty to cheer about recently and were singing 'we never win at home' so perhaps weren't too fussed either.

Well hello "Typical City", haven't seen you for a while. Should have won didn't.
Those that can score didn't.
kovačić and Nunes will never score enough goals to match Gundogan in a billion years - great though their passing is.
Grealish has to find his shooting boots - which he seemingly left at Villa.
As to Phililips he won't make it with us. Put him under pressure and he gives the ball away.
Yep good assessment. thought Grealish was hopeless.He could only have stayed on for the minutes bc he offered nothing at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.