Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

They are commentating for neutrals and rags.

Plus, we're the team to beat so I have no problem with them acting like us losing is a big deal.
Exactly. I disagree they’re pandering to the rags. They’re nothing.

It’s a massive compliment to us. It shows where are and who we are. Top dogs.

Nobody expected to get anything from the game and that's exactly what happened. We gave a reasonable account of ourselves aside from never really looking like scoring and lost as a result of woeful defending, particularly from Lewis.

Some valuable game time for our players coming back from injury and the youngsters. Without Gundo and Kev we have lost some craft and goals from midfield which is a bit of a worry.

Newcastle's didn't impress me and if the rags and dippers retain an interest in this cup I doubt they'll win anything again this season.

Philips, for all the will in the world, is sadly nowhere near our level. It's not knocking him but sometimes the facts have to be faced.

We desperately need some experienced bodies back soon.

Onwards and upwards to the more important stuff.

There will be a fair few on here who'll say forget it, doesn't matter. Not so many who travelled up there to cheer us on though I suspect. Anyway it does matter - and the lack of a serviceable alternative to Rodri is obvious to all. Why haven't we signed a press-resistant midfielder to cover for him? Why was Gomez on the right wing with Doku sat on the bench? Why were he and Nunes left there until 20 minutes from the end? Very poor.

This thread already on its way to having more pages than the post-match threads for any of our recent wins. Lol.

Something that summed it up for me and I think pep had a word with Howe about it.
First half Newcastle player goes down and we stop attacking hold the ball until he gets up, mentioned by the commentators. Second half Gomez goes down on edge of our box and Newcastle carry on, no mention.
And Gomez went down because of an off-the-ball tackle. It was that combination that got Pep his yellow card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.