Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

A team thrown together to play in the cup.

No injuries is a positive. Key players rested for the weekend and we go again.

Have to admit, seeing a league cup team with Gomez and Phillips in gave me the shivers, and that second half performance was lighter shades of Southampton last year.

We need to work out how we cover for Rodri because there wasn’t any answers in that tonight.
Speaking of Southampton last year Jack's performance was exactly the same then too. SHITE
I can't see him or phillips starting next game. CTID

I imagine the travelling fans would have expected a better performance, with a bit more fight, especially in the 2nd half.

But can't say many of them expected a strong side given the injuries we have.

They've had plenty to cheer about recently and were singing 'we never win at home' so perhaps weren't too fussed either.
Never good to lose but in all honesty Think it's better for us in the long run. It reduces the fixtures, reduces injury issues and increases our chances of winning the important titles whilst our closest rivals slug out the CC. 3pts on Saturday will mean more to the club and fans.

I'm not disappointed that we went out tonight it's near impossible to compete in all four trophies on top of going to the Club World Cup so if he had to sacrifice one trophy it would be the League Cup.

As for the game, First half we dominated we lacked a cutting edge in the final third bar a few half chances from Alvarez other than that we didn't test Pope enough.

Second half Newcastle pressed us and got joy for 15/20 minutes and scored whilst they were on top again other than that Ortega had absolutely nothing to do bar his save from Murphy in the first half.

I thought a draw would have been a fair reflection on the game. Not just because of tonight so I don't want to sound like a sore loser but over the last 18 months and the few times we've played Newcastle they are hateful cunts. Boring as fuck with Jose Howe in charge and his coward tactics, Their fans are twats too.

Onwards and Upwards. Come On City!

Poor performance, but one less competition to worry about might be a blessing in disguise

In his interview just, Pep may have well just said fuck off I can’t be arsed taking to you.
At times it is as though a chord is pulled in his back like a kids doll which says the same things.

Guys, no over reaction from tonight’s game.
If Pep was desperate for us to win, Haaland would have come in.
Really, do you think he would have got the ball tonight, been sayi g to my old fella, we will rue not getting Kane. He drops deep and is a far better player than Haaland will ever be. Love the viking, his attitude etc but he doesnt have Kane's guile

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.