Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Not sure either of them were bought to replace Gundogans goals.

Having said that, let's not pretend Gundgoan was prolific by any means; he scored 8 league goals in both of his last 2 seasons, and I guess a few of those were free kicks.

Not knocking him by the way as I loved him, but it wouldn't take much for them both to get 4 goals each to match what he contributed goals wise.
But what important goals Gundog scored.
He really was a big game player.

Don't get me wrong Kova and Nunes look like outstanding signings, along with Doku.

He didn’t score against Forest. Think you mean Red Star. Tonight his first touch wasn’t there, when Bobb played him in, his touch cost him and he smashed it across the goal and out for a throw. He failed to control a pass on the edge of their box and it nearly cost us, just before they scored. He works his bollocks off and can finish, but his close control needs to improve. He’s not alone by the way!
My bad, yes Red Star, but I still think you're miles out criticising his first touch. Always wants the ball under pressure, always available for a pass in tight areas. It won't always be perfect, but there's fuck all to work on for me, keep it natural and off the cuff.

Obviously would have liked a win, can't deny that, but the bigger picture is that we're past the stage of needing to win the league Cup. We can't win everything but we can put everything into the big ones.
I'm looking forward to the club world cup.
Newcastle can have their giant killing. They've started to go a bit culty like Arsenal.

Really, do you think he would have got the ball tonight, been sayi g to my old fella, we will rue not getting Kane. He drops deep and is a far better player than Haaland will ever be. Love the viking, his attitude etc but he doesnt have Kane's guile
Haaland is far younger. We won the Treble without Kane and with Haaland. Of course, we could have won it with Kane but we'll never know. Tonight was our second defeat in 37 games and both defeats were with the second string. I'd say we're doing just fine.

Really, do you think he would have got the ball tonight, been sayi g to my old fella, we will rue not getting Kane. He drops deep and is a far better player than Haaland will ever be. Love the viking, his attitude etc but he doesnt have Kane's guile
In some big games last season, Haaland was the difference maker.
And he’s almost 10 years younger.

I think that for Blues of a certain age, the League Cup will always be an important trophy. Like, for me, the 2014 final v Sunderland and those brilliant goals (YaYa/Nasri) will always remain one of my fondest City memories. But, I suppose the world has moved on and the League Cup just doesn't matter too much any more. I was gutted last year when we crashed out at a poor Southampton, but look how that season ended! It could happen again this season...
Always matters but cant play same 11 all season, later stages of chumps league. Big prem games (6 to 8 of em) and semis and finals,thats your lot for best 11...so 18 x gamwmes tops in all comps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.