Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Spoiled brats all over the shop at the moment.

Last night a real eye-opener to how some of our "new fans" will react when the trophies dry up in a few years, and how some of our "legacy fans" have become everything we used to make fun of United for.

I already wish them well (no, I don't).
I'm in my 50's and been going 40 years.

Nothing to do with being spoilt but how can a Team mount a LC run when it is scheduled at the same time as the Club World Cup.

No point winning last night or the next round if you have to throw in the towel at the quarter final because you have to attend a tournament in Saudi!

And a 2 legged Semi at the busiest time of the season is fuckng nuts.

Come back when International breaks and winter breaks are fucked off and a Team plays weekly with mid week games in between every few weeks, until then we can't fit it in without burning out come January and then winning fuck all.

Glad we are out.

The "Joke Thread" is in the Off Topic department fella.
Kane is just a better footbalker..justcsaying.. Haaland's a beast all heart and effort, buylt he is no way a pure footbaler in comparison with a technician like a kane or Van Basten, anyone who has played the game can see that surely! Love Haaland but there are limitations to his ability..just saying

Kane is just a better footbalker..justcsaying.. Haaland's a beast all heart and effort, buylt he is no way a pure footbaler in comparison with a technician like a kane or Van Basten, anyone who has played the game can see that surely! Love Haaland but there are limitations to his ability..just saying
They're both brilliant in their own different ways

Haaland is a better footballer than Kane was at 23.He's learning all the time as his partnership with Alvarez proves.

"All heart and effort"? Are you suggesting you played the game? Haaland is a "technician" of the highest order as a pure center forward. Suggesting otherwise is a clear indication you don't get it. He's not a 10 or an 8 nor is he pretending to be. You greatly underestimate his immense talent level but anyone should be able to tell you that...SMH

I'm in my 50's and been going 40 years.

Nothing to do with being spoilt but how can a Team mount a LC run when it is scheduled at the same time as the Club World Cup.

No point winning last night or the next round if you have to throw in the towel at the quarter final because you have to attend a tournament in Saudi!

And a 2 legged Semi at the busiest time of the season is fuckng nuts.

Come back when International breaks and winter breaks are fucked off and a Team plays weekly with mid week games in between every few weeks, until then we can't fit it in without burning out come January and then winning fuck all.

Glad we are out.
Think you've misunderstood me. I was having a go at people who are having a paddy and calling for players' heads cos we went out last night when it's obvious there was no real point in going through only to add another Manchester derby to the fixtures pile-up and end up having to field a bunch of kids and the dinner ladies in the quarter-final.

Been digging through the history books.

The Club World Cup was introduced in the year 2000. Since then, the following English teams have won the European Cup/Champions League and competed in it.

Manchester United, 1999.
Liverpool, 2005.
Manchester United, 2008.
Chelsea, 2012.
Liverpool, 2019.
Chelsea, 2021.
Manchester City, 2023.

The following season, each club's respective record in the League Cup is as follows:

Manchester United (3rd round, did not enter the FA Cup)
Liverpool (3rd round)
Manchester United (Winners, quarter-finals played two weeks before start of Club World Cup)
Chelsea (Semi-finals, Club World Cup finished one week before quarter-finals)
Liverpool (Quarter-finals, lost 5-0 while playing youngest ever line-up)
Chelsea (Runners-up, Club World Cup played in February)
Manchester City (3rd round).

So last night we basically just continued a long-held tradition of English clubs prioritising the Club World Cup over the League Cup if their fixtures in the two tournaments happen to clash. The only occasions that the current European Cup holders have progressed to the latter stages of the League Cup have been when the Club World Cup either takes place before or long after the League Cup quarter-final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.