Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Spoiled brats all over the shop at the moment.

Last night a real eye-opener to how some of our "new fans" will react when the trophies dry up in a few years, and how some of our "legacy fans" have become everything we used to make fun of United for.

I already wish them well (no, I don't).

Got beat away to a top 4 side, not sure why the media are making out akin to when Norway beat England, team was average, blaming individuals is lazy, also success has brought some absolute cunts in to supporting our club, can't handle a defeat and lose their heads, City twitter is a cess pit

Like a lot of others, i'm fairly indifferent about it personally, maybe a little disappointed, but not that much!!
It does sound a bit like a rag thing to say but we do have 'bigger fish to fry' For years an exit from a domestic cup competition was 'oh, that's yet another year without a pot', but ofcourse it is different now
Although the team last night was hardly like the one Pellers put out against Chelsea that time, there were at least 7 or 8 (maybe more without actually working it out) missing from our best starting line up.
It does save us from 2 trips to The Swamp in a few days and a similair team there would very probably have meant a defeat in truth!
Although I find the myth about Newcastle always having had wonderful support just that.. a bit of a myth, you can't really begrudge their fans a trophy (apart from bloody tedious Ant and Dec, I really wish they'd just fuck off now).
Newcastle do undoubtedly have a lot of fans who have stuck by them for years and they have had to wait way longer than we did for another trophy (and that was way too long as us FOCs know). Hopefully they get through the next round at least!

A lot of our players have maximized their potential and some people just have unrealistic expectations. There's a significant gap between our best 11 vs others, but not the entire squad.

Not too bothered about being out. The rest will do us good in the long run. We'd have had an away derby to look forward to but that would have meant probably putting a stronger team out than we'd want to, because you can't throw that game.

When I saw their lineup I was quite surprised and we battered them in the first half and should have been ahead. A shame we couldn't get through their early dominance in the second half. A lot of players getting minutes under their belt but we still have Akanji and Ake who could have dealt with Joelinton's burst forwards better for their goal.

The fact Haaland stayed on the bench when we were 1-0 down says it all about Pep's mentality about the game. No injuries, some minutes for Jack and Kovacic and a good experience for Lewis, Gomez and Bobb. Kalvin gets more game time as well, he wasn't brilliant but gets him some more match fitness. I'll reserve judgement on him until he's had a good few games for us and we know fitness isn't the issue.

Spoiled brats all over the shop at the moment.

Last night a real eye-opener to how some of our "new fans" will react when the trophies dry up in a few years, and how some of our "legacy fans" have become everything we used to make fun of United for.

I already wish them well (no, I don't).
Look for the middle ground youngbob...there are plenty of us there...safe and sound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.