Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Shite second half and we really looked very toothless all game which was a slight worry. Not too bothered though and minimum games in a comp we just don’t need.

Such biased commentary - poor refereeing how Joe Linton wasn’t red carded - just don’t need carabao matches as we have FIFA world club comp soon - let the test get more games , more injuries

B team with a few unfit players getting match fit so embarrassing commentary Ie Famous win etc.
Ref as usual shit, every foul on us was a tackle and every tackle by us a foul and Pep being booked sums up the ref.

Never was going to win this with the World Club in December so agree with the team tonight as Wolves away more important but the result is as expected as a severe lack of goals in tonights team

sometimes its good for the squad players not at the level to be exposed. Gomes tried hard but hes not a premier league player. Bobb i thought looked promising but faded badly as he tired but i think he has the potential to look like he could get there.

the major concern is being without Rodri. what are we going to do against Arsenal - as soon as quality players came on tonight even Kovacic looked like he was struggling. Maybe you have to hope Bernie is back and play him deep.

Phillips though. wow. even first half he gave the ball away and regardless of stamina he shouldn't look weak on the ball but he is. slow to tackles, wayward control, even simple passes were 3-4 yards behind the winger and killed the momentum. I dont think he’ll eve start a game again.

I think being out will better for us in the long run but any defeat is frustrating. What it did highlight is this idea that we have a massive, great squad is an absolute myth. We have 15/16 top class players and then the squad is filled with others that would probably struggle to play every week at mid-table sides.

No leaders on the pitch. Unfortunately Rodri is irreplaceable.
Refereeing is getting worse and worse.
Expected we would lose and we did.

Going out so early probably isn’t the worst thing in the world, given other priorities. But there’s no dressing up the second half performance - disappointing that we wilted so badly in the face of a bit of pressure. All the more so as we played some great stuff first half.
Looked like we lacked a bit of leadership (no surprise, perhaps, when all five ‘captains’ are missing). And we obviously lacked any kind of creative threat - could have added on 60 minutes at the end and I doubt we would have created a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.