Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Two factors in our favor:

1) Last time we met them in November was very similar. They were undefeated and flying high, but we handled the pressure and won.

2) End of last season had a very similar feel to now. We lost to Liverpool 3-0 and everybody wanted to jump off a bridge. From there we went on to win the semi and see out the League with 5 or 6 wins on the trot.

They have had a fantastic Season by their standards and have punched way above their weight but really we have little to fear. They must play for a win and that will mean they open up. Very few sides in the Premiership are as "Tailer made" for City as the Geordies. Focus and commitment sees us win.

Its time to go and grab this Trophy. City to win and Swansea to do us a favour.

Think we may need a little more presence in midfield at St James'.

Maybe

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero?

Milner has been terrible in recent away performances, can't really justify his selection right now. Nasri to come on when we're 3 up :P

chestervegasblue said:
Think we may need a little more presence in midfield at St James'. Maybe
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero? Milner has been terrible in recent away performances, can't really justify his selection right now. Nasri to come on when we're 3 up :P
More likely that Nasri will come on when we are 2-0 down. I cannot believe that the Barcodes are 4/1 to win and yet we are 8/13...they should be odds on favourites given their brilliant home form. If I had access to an on-line betting account I would put USD1,000 on the Barcodes to be winning at HT but draw at FT at 16/1. Seems ridiculous odds given that they have the best 1st half scoring record and we have the best 2nd half scoring record in the league.

lionheart said:
chestervegasblue said:
Think we may need a little more presence in midfield at St James'. Maybe
Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero? Milner has been terrible in recent away performances, can't really justify his selection right now. Nasri to come on when we're 3 up :P
More likely that Nasri will come on when we are 2-0 down. I cannot believe that the Barcodes are 4/1 to win and yet we are 8/13...they should be odds on favourites given their brilliant home form. If I had access to an on-line betting account I would put USD1,000 on the Barcodes to be winning at HT but draw at FT at 16/1. Seems ridiculous odds given that they have the best 1st half scoring record and we have the best 2nd half scoring record in the league.

I saw those odds also. What an absolute nonsense!!!

very tough decision to leave Zabaleta out but I have a feeling that we might see something special from Micah.

the rest of the team picks itself really unless hart or anyone else is an injury doubt.

expecting a big performance from the fans and David Silva!!

040512141118.png

Hello, I am a Newcastle fan, who has signed up here specifically to comment on this thread, due to so many of you practically expecting a win. I want to bring to light a few points.

1. Newcastle have the best home record in the premier league aside from you. Only two teams have managed it this season, and none have done it, despite your rivals coming here on the first fixture of January. You are, deservedly, 18 points clear of us. That is the attitude Man U had as well though, and they got thrashed, not just beaten.

2. You're away record. You have only won half of your games on the road this season, and have only managed to pick up 31 points. To put that into context, you have managed six points more on the road this season then West Brom have. They are currently tenth.

3. You are acting as if it is easy to stop Papiss Cisse. He has the best goals to minutes played ratio ever in the Premier league, scoring on average a goal every Sixty four minutes. Even the likes of Kompany, Lescott and Hart will struggle to stop him from scoring.

4. Newcastle are the team in the best form. We won seven of our last 8, including against the team in 4th best form (Chelsea). (In case you are wondering, Everton are in second best form, with yourselves in third and Wigan in Fifth. Well, Fourth now that we beat chelsea.)

5. Man City have kept 16 clean sheets this season. Newcastle have kept 15 clean sheets this season. There are a few days where we perform shockingly (Fulham away, Tottenham away and Wigan away), however we are very hard to get many goals against.

6. Joe Hart may not be fit for the match. He is an outstanding goalkeeper, and if he doesn't play, I would put £50 on Cisse to score.

7. The Ref. I don't know why the FA did this, but Howard Webb has got a bias against you. I may dislike it, but that means the possibility that Newcastle will win far more likely.

Please don't act as if this will be an easy game. I am going, with the expectation that the game will finish at 2-1 to us, due to the seven above points. If Joe Hart plays though, it will be 1-1.

ToonFan1996 said:
Hello, I am a Newcastle fan, who has signed up here specifically to comment on this thread, due to so many of you practically expecting a win. I want to bring to light a few points.

1. Newcastle have the best home record in the premier league aside from you. Only two teams have managed it this season, and none have done it, despite your rivals coming here on the first fixture of January. You are, deservedly, 18 points clear of us. That is the attitude Man U had as well though, and they got thrashed, not just beaten.

2. You're away record. You have only won half of your games on the road this season, and have only managed to pick up 31 points. To put that into context, you have managed six points more on the road this season then West Brom have. They are currently tenth.

3. You are acting as if it is easy to stop Papiss Cisse. He has the best goals to minutes played ratio ever in the Premier league, scoring on average a goal every Sixty four minutes. Even the likes of Kompany, Lescott and Hart will struggle to stop him from scoring.

4. Newcastle are the team in the best form. We won seven of our last 8, including against the team in 4th best form (Chelsea). (In case you are wondering, Everton are in second best form, with yourselves in third and Wigan in Fifth. Well, Fourth now that we beat chelsea.)

5. Man City have kept 16 clean sheets this season. Newcastle have kept 15 clean sheets this season. There are a few days where we perform shockingly (Fulham away, Tottenham away and Wigan away), however we are very hard to get many goals against.

6. Joe Hart may not be fit for the match. He is an outstanding goalkeeper, and if he doesn't play, I would put £50 on Cisse to score.

7. The Ref. I don't know why the FA did this, but Howard Webb has got a bias against you. I may dislike it, but that means the possibility that Newcastle will win far more likely.

Please don't act as if this will be an easy game. I am going, with the expectation that the game will finish at 2-1 to us, due to the seven above points. If Joe Hart plays though, it will be 1-1.
Nobody thinks it'll be an easy game. It'll be a very tough one. I understand you'll be at your best due to the fact your good at home and will want 4th place, but it's the same for us. We have got our form back and are playing great football like at the beginning of the season and we know full well we need to win to win the league. I'm not predicting a score as I'm a fucking jinx, but I have said fur a few weeks now that if we beat united we will win at Newcastle. Welcome to the board, and hope you don't turn out to be a pleb like him last night. I look forward to your comments Sunday night!!

2. You're away record. You have only won half of your games on the road

If Tevez had not gone golfing this would not be the case and you know it.

3. You are acting as if it is easy to stop Papiss Cisse.

No one has said he will be easy to stop but you also have to bear in mind you have to stop last seasons top goal scorer and Aguero who is on fire.

4. Newcastle are the team in the best form.

On the day form means fuck all.

And as you point out we are harder !

Our second keeper is no muppet, keep your money in your pocket, you will be sick as a dog when we beat you losing £50 on top will really hurt.

If you used the mullet logic above to come to this conclusion i think you are about to fail epically.

Max_Headroom said:
If Tevez had not gone golfing this would not be the case and you know it.

But he did. I was just stating the facts

No one has said he will be easy to stop but you also have to bear in mind you have to stop last seasons top goal scorer and Aguero who is on fire.

Yes. I'm not saying we don't. However, Cisse is currently on the best form (13 goals in 12 appearances) and has equaled the record of best prier league starting 12 games.

On the day form means fuck all.

Yes it does, due to the psychological factors, such as confidence and enthusiasm. Also, intimidation for the opponents. Admittedly, Newcastle are going to be intimidated by the fact that you are (rightfully) first in the league. However, that was going to happen anyway and, this season at least, we have performed best when we are the underdogs.

And as you point out we are harder !

Our second keeper is no muppet, keep your money in your pocket, you will be sick as a dog when we beat you losing £50 on top will really hurt.

But we are still hard to get a goal past,especially at home and we are with the striker on best form, so it is probably going to be more challenging (for you). I was not saying you are easy to get one past, but, especially without Joe Hart and away from home, it will be harder for you. He is, for me, the best keeper in the league. If you are without him, you will struggle.

If you used the mullet logic above to come to this conclusion i think you are about to fail epically.

None of that logic was 'mullet logic' as you put it, it was stating facts and arriving at the obvious conclusion. I'm not saying you will have no chance at beating us, I'm saying what I believe is the most likely conclusion. There are no certainties in football and (for once) I am agreeing with Mark Lawrenson. 1-1 if Hart plays. 2-1 if he doesn't because, while your second choice goalkeeper is 'no muppet' he is not of the same quality as Hart, and is more likely to let one in. There is a reason he is second choice.

Edit: That now looks much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.