Newcastle away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newcastle Vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

GreekBlue said:
fuck off newcastle fans you fucking stupid cunts. Stop coming on here talking as if we're the conceited ones, take a look at the shit youre posting on your fucking forums. Don't come on here and talk as if youre fucking Barcelona and claim we're underestimating you. On a godo run of form and you act as if youre fucking world beaters. Just fuck off. And stop acting as if Cisse is the best thing since sliced bread. We have two of the best centrebacks in the league. What the fuck are Simpson, Williamson, Taylor and Co going to do against Aguero, Balotelli, Tevez? All more talented players then Cisse. FUCK OFF FROM HERE.

You have just taken your reputation over 9000. Agreed.

Ooooooooh, the tension is beginning to show in many ways.

When I last looked at this thread it was about the game so let's get back on track.

Pretty much similar to the game on Monday for me. They will play solid at the back (poss better than Man U) and try to hit us on the counter. Just hope we can get an early goal as in addition to settling us down it will force them to push forward hopefully leaving spaces at the back.

ban-mcfc said:
don't think i'll be able to watch.

might get shit faced saturday night and sleep in.

i'm in a bad way, the nerves are doing my head in!!

Know what u mean I'm nervous as fuck this morning been awake all night scoring goals in my head :( I'm in work now and the Rags are laughing saying we're gunna fuck it up again all I can reply is we fucked it up 3 weeks ago :(

Come on City this is bigger than the FA Cup final.

I'm worried about the height in their team. Cisse, Ba & Guti whatever his name is. Richards is a must for this game.

Can't see us winning at this intimidating place.

photo-12.jpg

chestervegasblue said:
Think we may need a little more presence in midfield at St James'.

Maybe

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Tevez, Aguero?

Milner has been terrible in recent away performances, can't really justify his selection right now. Nasri to come on when we're 3 up :P

I can't see Yaya starting in the advanced role if Tevez is playing behind Aguero. They would be taking up the same space.

I think Milner might start ahead of Nasri. A big factor is that both teams have had massive wins this week in physically and mentally draining games but we have the advantage of extra rest. I think Roberto will want to make sure that we take advantage of that and dominate physically early on. My main concern would be if Newcastle were to whip up some "up and at 'em" spirit bawled on by 50,000 geordies and out fight us, like Everton did.

I also expect Richards to start. Zabaleta has been great recently but Richards terrorised Newcastle at our place and would bring some extra freshness, power and height.

Winning the energy battle will be key tomorrow.

We are way better than Newcastle. The table doesn't lie.

For us there are 2 dangers

1. We play way below our ability - not going to happen

2. They have some outrageous luck (this would include dodgy refereeing)

So all being well we will win !

Ed68 said:
Pretty much similar to the game on Monday for me. They will play solid at the back (poss better than Man U) and try to hit us on the counter. Just hope we can get an early goal as in addition to settling us down it will force them to push forward hopefully leaving spaces at the back.

If we play this way, we will be fucked in every way shape and form. Doing that against a Chelsea side resting most of their players is one thing, doing it against the most attacking side of the league is quite another. Our defence is our weakest area. Collocini is very good (he made his way into the PFA team of the year alongside Kompany), but aside from that, most of our players in that position are of poor quality compared to the rest of our players.

We will be trying to get the ball into our midfield, try and pass our way around, before waiting until one of our strikers is in space, giving the ball to him and letting him shoot at will. Just defending will not work.

Of course, this will be far easier said then done.

Some facts to settle the nerves ladies & gents:

Newcastle have conceded 5 goals twice this season (Spurs and Fulham)

Newcastle have conceded 4 goals 3 times this season (Wigan, Norwich, Blackburn)

Newcastle have conceded 3 goals 5 times this seaon (city, liverpool, chelsea, west brom, forest (cup).

Newcastle have scored 0 goals in 6 games this season

Newcastle have scored 1 goal in in 9 games this season

Newcastle have won 52.8% of their games this season

Newcastle have lost 25% of their games this season

Still worried? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.