Newcastle away

The club’s proposal is that points will still be awarded for away games that don’t sell out to seasoncard holders. I think I’d want to exclude CL always from that, as we all know they’re midweek and long distance, otherwise I have no great problem with that.

Off the top of my head.

The North West, Yorkshire and the Midlands 5 points.

Outside of that, the rest of England and Wales 10 points.

Europe 15 points.

Even though I’ve got platinum, it should be scrapped.

An extra £50 a season for double points is unfair It’s bribing and putting pressure on the fans to part with £50 to make sure they get double points for away games, so they can either stay ahead or not fall behind.

Last edited:
Could be are worse attendance at newcy ever!
Those that can go will be there.
those that always go, will always go...and will always be there!

Exactly, so why not sold out.

Maybe they have a life but not when we play Utd and the hankies come out

When we play United all the Corps, Tunnel Club members, etc, take their tickets. They don’t for Newcastle away, especially if it’s a midweek match.

What people were complaining about is the amount of points needed to get an away ticket for certain games, from one season to another. It’s getting harder and harder to get an away ticket for certain games. Demand has always outstripped supply, not only recently. City could take 10’000’s of fans to United if we got that kind of allocation off United. We never will.

As City introduced more and more hospitality areas to drive revenue, away tickets became less and less for ordinary fans and season ticket holders.

Guessing. If there are 250 Tunnel Club members, there are 250 less away tickets to go around for the rest of the fans. And they will be snapped up to either be used or to be sold on, especially for United away.

Like many fans I used to go away in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s when football was on it’s arse, ravaged by Hooliganisam, and City were shit. I remember going to Sunderland, Boro, etc, and there were only a few hundred City fans that went, even though we still pulled 10,000’s at MR.

Rather than blaming the fans, blame the PL and TV companies. They are f***ing about with the fixtures. They don’t give a shit about the fans. If the Newcastle game was a 3pm kick off on Saturday, we would have sold out our away allocation.

Last edited:
Like others have said,it was the final block in the away section next to the home fans that as suddenly become available over the last few days,along with wheelchair tickets ,could be corporate returns like some have said or its city that have opted to take that block after our initial allocation sold out,I'm sure the ticket info from city said we taking 2,500 seat initially as if they wuld take more if we sold the first lot which we have done,I'll be there anyway.

The objective is to fill seats.

People moan that there’s empty seats and they moan when the club tries things to fill them. Can’t win can we?

Nothing wrong with the club floating ideas and then listening to reasonable objections/proposals. But aren't the one's who want to go to the away matches likely to want to go to all the home ones anyway?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.