Newcastle fans

I lived in Newcastle in the mid 80s - they were getting 12 to 13 thousand in those days. They are in no place to criticise us given how our gates held up in the third tier.
Fans just sing it to wind other supporters up half the time. I don't take that much notice of it pal.

Once again the Myth of The Toon Army appears at The Etihad.
On Final Score this evening it was stated that The Geordies would have a massive following at The Etihad Stadium this evening.
And lo and behold 3,000 turn up (same as any other well supported team) and apart from one or two choruses of " Blaydon Races" they were no more vocal than any other visiting team.
Another myth dispelled.

On Final Score this evening it was stated that The Geordies would have a massive following at The Etihad Stadium this evening.
And lo and behold 3,000 turn up (same as any other well supported team) and apart from one or two choruses of " Blaydon Races" they were no more vocal than any other visiting team.
Another myth dispelled.

They are akin to Liverpool and Aston Villa in the mythical atmosphere ranks. Deluded football clubs.

Another myth dispelled.
They were a bit quiet tonight

The Inter City Fairs Cup was a competition that you didn’t qualify for by league finish. I think it might even have been an invitation tournament. Nothing to do with UEFA though
The Fairs Cup was a strange competition. The first edition was played over two or three seasons and featured a London select side.

There was a rule that only teams from Cities could qualify and I think only one team per City (hence the London select team).

By the late 1960s and early 1960s, it was probably on a par with the Cup Winners Cup. By the time it was rebadged as the UEFA Cup, some felt it was harder to win than the European Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.