Newcastle fans

They are without doubt the fattest and palest fanbase the country. Somebody should do a thesis on this. Presumably it’s a mixture of low historic immigration, poverty, climate and poor local diet.
You could apply the weight criticism to all English fans regardless of club. Obesity is a countrywide issue. Genuine medical issues aside, I genuinely don't know how blokes (and women) can be content being that size. They must feel like shit all of the time.

Last edited:
Over the history of football Newcastle have a higher average attendance than we do.

View attachment 90738

I know they had some poor attendances before Keegan, but so did we in the early 60s.

They are a one-club city in a region with very few football clubs per head of population though, so they should have good attendances.

City 30,394

Peter Swales says hello

:-)

I still feel sorry for the Newcastle supporters yesterday. They lost and then had to make their way home when the last train had gone at 9.32 the National Express coach was going via Glasgow and the Megabus wasn’t arriving until 3.15am!!

The FA not giving a toss about supporters. They were probably swanning round in their 5 star hotels with their feet up drinking whisky.
It would have been the same for us if it had been an away game. Disgraceful.

Last edited:
Anfield road rocks when we are there amongst other big clubs that visit but the lesser teams it’s fairly quite

Anfield is very loud before the game with YNWA, and then loud in injury time if they are winning. I've been in the away end several times and as a visitor a few times with a Liverpool mate, including the magical European nights. It's not what it's cracked up to be, fans are close to the pitch though which helps it become more hostile and they appeal for every decision which I like and we should do more of.

I’ve only ever been in it to watch rugby.

It’s a shithole.
Not sure how you come to that conclusion mate. I’ve spent lots of time up there with work and following the Blues. Great City with nice people and a cracking nightlife.

Over the history of football Newcastle have a higher average attendance than we do.

View attachment 90738

I know they had some poor attendances before Keegan, but so did we in the early 60s.

They are a one-club city in a region with very few football clubs per head of population though, so they should have good attendances.

When’s the parade?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.