Newcastle fans

Anfield is very loud before the game with YNWA, and then loud in injury time if they are winning. I've been in the away end several times and as a visitor a few times with a Liverpool mate, including the magical European nights. It's not what it's cracked up to be, fans are close to the pitch though which helps it become more hostile and they appeal for every decision which I like and we should do more of.
Ref was definitely swayed into giving a few free kicks to us last night by the crowd. More please!

The Fairs Cup was a strange competition. The first edition was played over two or three seasons and featured a London select side.

There was a rule that only teams from Cities could qualify and I think only one team per City (hence the London select team).

By the late 1960s and early 1960s, it was probably on a par with the Cup Winners Cup. By the time it was rebadged as the UEFA Cup, some felt it was harder to win than the European Cup.
On a par with the cup winners cup? Was it hell. It was a competition for the places holding the trade fairs. Not even recognised by UEFA until it evolved. When it was re branded as the UEFA cup, it was the THIRD tier UEFA trophy; ranked behind the Cup Winners Cup.

On a par with the cup winners cup? Was it hell. It was a competition for the places holding the trade fairs. Not even recognised by UEFA until it evolved. When it was re branded as the UEFA cup, it was the THIRD tier UEFA trophy; ranked behind the Cup Winners Cup.
The UEFA Super Cup used to played between the winners of the European Cup and Cup Winners Cup until 1999. UEFA Cup champions weren’t invited as it was the third tier of the three competitions (although much better than the Europa League).

The UEFA Super Cup used to played between the winners of the European Cup and Cup Winners Cup until 1999. UEFA Cup champions weren’t invited as it was the third tier of the three competitions (although much better than the Europa League).
Correct, third competition as I said

Newcastle (well, Gateshead) has some lovely parts.

The stadium is a shithole.

Many years ago I had a night out in Newcastle. One of the kebab shops served Stella on draught and one of the bars had mirrors above the bar angled in a specific way so you could look down womens tops.

An odd place.
Are you sure you weren’t in Amsterdam :)

Don’t put the good people of Sunderland in the same bracket as these wankers, you can’t fill your stadium etc told them they had 10,004 people at st James park against oxford no way was the reply so I googled it and showed them. Apparently Google’s fucked not half as much as them inbred Geordie cunts hate the pricks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.