Newcastle (H) Pre Match Thread

City v Newcastle prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching them against Chelsea even with a flat back 9 (ok not quite that) they defended very very narrow, wingers/overlapping fullbacks are our friends in this game.

We need mahrez to find his feet and keeping him on the bench and giving him 5 mins or so seems pointless? Same with Leroy? A home game where the opposition are going to drop deep straight away should be perfect to get these two going again!

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy
Gundogan
Bernardo Silva
David Silva
Mahrez
Sane
Aguero

Benitez is no mug and can’t see him leaving Newcastle open enough to take a tonking, can’t see City not winning by a couple of goals though.

Watching them against Chelsea even with a flat back 9 (ok not quite that) they defended very very narrow, wingers/overlapping fullbacks are our friends in this game.

They will put 9 men in the box just as they did against Chelsea and just as they did against us at St James' park last year. It isn't even football. I'm not sure what they call it but it's just plain weird to watch. 9 grown men in a box in front of their goalie, cowering.

Will someone remind me of last season at The Etihad -? I cannot be bothered looking it up.
My memory(getting on) tells me Newcastle had 10 behind the ball. Similar to the 'Udders game(0-0).
What was h/t score last season ?.

Will someone remind me of last season at The Etihad -? I cannot be bothered looking it up.
My memory(getting on) tells me Newcastle had 10 behind the ball. Similar to the 'Udders game(0-0).
What was h/t score last season ?.

Yes. 3-1 at the Eitihad and 1-0 at St James' park. You're probably thinking of the away match.

They had 10 men in their box. We got a Sterling goal but couldn't seem to get through other than that. Very bad to watch.

Yes. 3-1 at the Eitihad and 1-0 at St James' park. You're probably thinking of the away match.

They had 10 men in their box. We got a Sterling goal but couldn't seem to get through other than that. Very bad to watch.
That away game was ridiculous. It started with Shelvey shooting from the kick off and their whole team retreated to their area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.