Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

I’ve said it before and I ‘ll say it again the system is not fit for purpose. End of. Never seen so many complaints about a service where customers are desperate to hand over their hard earned money and treated with contempt because the powers that be do not invest In the infrastructure.

Since I was in my teens in no particular I’ve seen Oasis at about ten venues worldwide, U2 ( sorry), Williams, New Order, The Stone Roses, McCartney, England at World Cups in 90, 98, 06, 10, Olympics in 2000, Asian Cup Fixtures and Final, various Glastonburys, and without a doubt this ticket office system ( not those who work with it but those that commissioned it) is by far the worst I have ever seen.

It makes no sense. As someone said earlier - millions on a player but can’t invest to get it right where it matters most to the customer

This hasn't gained the traction I was expecting and sounds like plenty of people have issues that need addressing in person at the ticket office today.

I will collate all issues that me and others have aired in this thread and raise them at the AGM and via email to the appropriate people. Not that it will do anything but the system is broken and needs raising through the appropriate channels.

I'm glad that this protest didn't gain much interest.
The loyalty points system is flawed and corrupt. It may have worked historically when we had a limited and dwindling supporter base but a modern growing City needs something more fit for purpose.

It needs to accommodate the requirements of all supporters, old and new, and meet the needs of a rapidly expanding supporter base.

The days when you could guarantee your ticket because you have been an SC holder for years have passed I'm afraid, although any new scheme does need to take into account attendance in some shape or other.

The supporters clubs exploited the loyalty points system with members gaining points when letting others use their cards meaning that some members had thousands of extra points when not attending. You reap what you sow I'm sorry.

The club's attempts last season were I believe an attempt to redress the balance a little, notwithstanding the commercial benefits of doing so. They had to find a way of integrating new and old fans together. Perhaps they got it wrong at the Madrid game but the sooner a transparent ballot system is put in place the better.

Aside from season ticket holders at home games, all City fans have an equal right to follow the team and attend matches. Fairness is IMO key to this and closed shop systems should be avoided.

PS I write this as a someone who currently benefits from the existing system

I booked a ticket for Tamworth v Hereford this morning and it took less than two minutes. It was e-mailed to me immediately. That’s Conference North level.

City’s ticket office has been poor for as long as I can remember.

I booked a ticket for Tamworth v Hereford this morning and it took less than two minutes. It was e-mailed to me immediately. That’s Conference North level.

City’s ticket office has been poor for as long as I can remember.
I mean selling tickets to hundreds of people where everyone who wants one can have one is always going to be a more simple than the challenges City have.

I mean selling tickets to hundreds of people where everyone who wants one can have one is always going to be a more simple than the challenges City have.
But City should have the infrastructure in place. It’s largely been a shambles since I’ve been going and there are nightmare stories on here too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.