Newcastle send 'strongly worded statement' to FA about NDJ

As I would be angrier than a bull in a china shop if I had to plough through another 13 pages of posts on this subject, would somebody please do me a favour and confirm whether or not charges have been brought by the FA against Nigel.

lionheart said:
As I would be angrier than a bull in a china shop if I had to plough through another 13 pages of posts on this subject, would somebody please do me a favour and confirm whether or not charges have been brought by the FA against Nigel.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9063879.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 063879.stm</a>

FA to look into Newcastle request to punish De Jong

The Football Association will consider Newcastle's request for action to be taken against Nigel de Jong but may be powerless to implement any punishment.

It seems to me that the Newcastle statement was aimed at placating their fans. Until then the club had kept a fairly low profile, there didnt seem to be too much animosity after the match.

Its a witchhunt and as long as he knows we back him that will help.It was not a bad tackle and if it was we would say so,blue or not.Newcastle should not do this as it will start a trend where after every game letters will be written to FA about so called injustice.Pity we cant get them to respond on the net.

Maybe Newcastle united have a collective short memory in forgetting how on Saturday 13 September 2008, Fagan suffered a broken tibia after being on the end of an "horrific tackle" by Newcastle United midfielder Danny Guthrie. Guthrie was sent off in the incident, which occurred in the closing stages of Hull's victory at St James' I wonder if a similar strongly worded letter was sent to the FA

kramer said:
Maybe Newcastle united have a collective short memory in forgetting how on Saturday 13 September 2008, Fagan suffered a broken tibia after being on the end of an "horrific tackle" by Newcastle United midfielder Danny Guthrie. Guthrie was sent off in the incident, which occurred in the closing stages of Hull's victory at St James' I wonder if a similar strongly worded letter was sent to the FA

doubt it...

I cannot believe why we haven't been immediately relegated to the Unibond League for this. And I can't believe the ref has not been publicly beheaded. The Prem League and the FA have no backbone.

IF (and its a big if) the FA do charge NDJ, then City should look back at all Newcastle's games in the last 12 months (freedom of information will allow it), and send a 'strongly worded statement' to the FA about any (all) that they see as worse (and there will be quite a few).

If they want to play these silly games we should engage them head on.

Ladyman reporting in Friday's Mail that Ben Arfa has snubbed a visit from de Jong and Newcastle has also sent a video to Mike Riley of key decisions during the match. They ain't going to let it go, are they?

In a separate move, Newcastle have sent a video of key decisions to Premier League referees chief Mike Riley and asked for his observations. The move follows a letter they sent to the FA calling for De Jong to be banned.

The Tyneside club were unhappy with referee Martin Atkinson’s performance at Eastlands and included more than De Jong’s tackle in their video. It also featured the two penalty incidents — one awarded against Mike Williamson for his ‘foul’ on Carlos Tevez, which the Toon claim was not a foul and was outside the box, and one not given for Joleon Lescot t’s foul on Shola Ameobi.

The club highlighted Tevez’s goal celebrations, when he ran to the City bench and off the pitch, which they say warranted a second yellow card. They also asked Riley for comments on other decisions they feel have gone against them this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Nigel-Jong-hospital-visit-horror-tackle.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.