Newcastle send 'strongly worded statement' to FA about NDJ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NQCCcEr-gY[/youtube]
aa(32)_thumb.jpg
must have small memories on the tyne

awest said:
Blue Mist said:
The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

They don't mention the word "foul" which is not surprising as it was a fair tackle.

Just to be clear, if they mention "excessive force" that's the accusation. "Careless" = free kick, "reckless" = yellow card, and "with excessive force" = red card. Don't try to analyse it - some would think that reckless sounds worse than excessive force. It's one of those bits of law that "just growed". FIFA invented the three categories of foul, then later decided that the terms decided the scale of punishment. But it's a fairly nonsensical use of language - it means players should do Goldilocks tackles - neither too soft or too hard, but just right.

disco dancer said:
FA should tell newcastle they decide who gets punished not them and to fuck off

I think Newcastle have shot themselves in the foot here. If the FA acted on their letter they would be inundated on a weekly basis. Even if they had been comtemplating any action I don't think they could act now without opening the floodgates.

dont know if this quote off talkshite has been posted...sorry if it has..
its the bottom bit what gets me
"i think is great when you see good hard tackles".......so do i dermot..thats all it was....

Dermot Gallagher has become the latest person to join the debate about dangerous tackling in football.
The former Premier League referee spoke to talkSPORT following a weekend in which Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa suffered a broken leg after a dangerous tackle by Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong and Karl Henry was sent off in the opening ten minutes of Wolves game against Wigan.
De Jong has since been dropped from the Holland squad for their upcoming Euro 2012 qualifying games while Newcastle have called on the Football Association to take retrospective action against the Dutchman after referee Martin Atkinson failed to book him.
Gallagher said: “Nobody ever wants to see anybody end up like Ben Arfa. Nobody wants to see any player end up like that but I just feel at times players have a responsibility to themselves and to the game.
“I’m sure that players realise there’s tackles they can’t possibly win so they need to think quickly and think ‘well I can’t win the ball there, I can back off, I can jockey.’
“I think it’s great when you see good hard tackles. It’s such a skill and art that fans all around the world love it and I don’t want to see that banned from the game but you have to be aware that people’s livelihoods are at stake with tackles like the one Nigel De Jong made.”

It's obvious when you think About it. Money is involved . The bar codes could not afford to buy Ben Arfa he's on loan. There has to insurance to cover the lad and hey presto the insurance does not pay out if the tackle is fair. they just want to cover their costs. Cheap b--------s typical of fat boy ashby<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:58 am --<br /><br />What's more if the tackle is deemed ' illegal' after all this crap that's been said what's the betting the barcodes make a claim against City???????????????
I hope they go down and ashley loses another bundle - he really deserves it!!

kevodevo said:
It's obvious when you think About it. Money is involved . The bar codes could not afford to buy Ben Arfa he's on loan. There has to insurance to cover the lad and hey presto the insurance does not pay out if the tackle is fair. they just want to cover their costs.

I don't know the sports insurance business very well, but I would imagine that ANY injury is insured against whether or not a tackle in football is "fair". You're insuring the footballer, not the tackle.

The argument about Newcastle making a claim against City is a different issue, and if he is subsequently charged and found guilty then City will be insured for third party claims like any other sports club, I'm pretty sure its a legal requirement.

Even a village cricket club has to be insured against injury to third parties (and that includes opposing players). The club I play for were recently involved in a ridiculous attempt at a claim, where two opposing players collided with each other whilst fielding, and one sustained a bad injury that kept him off work for 6 months. The other club attempted a claim against our club simply because it was on our pitch, but it was their own carelessness that caused the injury, and unsurprisingly the claim was laughed at by our insurance company. However had it been shown that one of our players had caused the injury then we would have been liable.

They are calling the tackle "unnecessary".

How the hell can a tackle on on an opposition player who has the ball ever be deemed unnecessary? Isn't that the whole point of the game??

Just goes to show how laughable the City witch hunt has become.

TVI said:

How the hell can a tackle on on an opposition player who has the ball ever be deemed unnecessary? Isn't that the whole point of the game??

Everton thought it was "unnecessary" to tackle him and he scored the winner. If the other team has the ball in our half, then every tackle made is necessary

TVI said:

Agreed, I know United fans have been calling us bitter for awhile now but surely we were never this bitter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.