Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
City prevented Newcastle (and Supermac) winning a trophy in 1976.
I was there at Wembley for that game, as a teenager (I was 20 in June that year).
I never ever imagined that it would be 35 years before City would win another trophy, but the long wait made it all the sweeter when it actually happened.

Dennis bloody Tueart, what a goal that was and to make it worse, he was born about 4 or 5 miles from our ground.

Would love to see us and the Toon battling it out for trophies whilst the old guard look in with their piss well and truly boiling.

Both playing at Wembley against each other would be unreal although I would prefer easier opposition to give us a chance for the first one.

Dennis bloody Tueart, what a goal that was and to make it worse, he was born about 4 or 5 miles from our ground.
He ran around Wembley parading The League Cup wearing a Newcastle shirt if I remember correctly.
He also played for Sunderland in the 1973 FA Cup winning team along with Big Dave Watson and Mickey Horswill.

He ran around Wembley parading The League Cup wearing a Newcastle shirt if I remember correctly.
He also played for Sunderland in the 1973 FA Cup winning team along with Big Dave Watson and Mickey Horswill.

You're right about Tueart wearing the black and white shirt after the game. I lived next to Dave Watson and Mickey Horswill became a sales rep after football and he used to come into the company I worked at. It's a small world.

I agree and it feels great.

One thing I will add though,and I get he's not the mouth piece for all geordies when I say this,but that true geordie guy had plenty derogatory things to say about City over last few years,hope he's as thick skinned as he can be for the shit he will get now you playing on the big boys table now,money seemed to be his biggest issue,and that we were shit as well,I will like to see how this pans out going forward now that's for sure.

One thing I will add though,and I get he's not the mouth piece for all geordies when I say this,but that true geordie guy had plenty derogatory things to say about City over last few years,hope he's as thick skinned as he can be for the shit he will get now you playing on the big boys table now,money seemed to be his biggest issue,and that we were shit as well,I will like to see how this pans out going forward now that's for sure.

I can't stand True Geordie who only became famous because he would swear a lot. I don't even think he went to our games as he would be wrong about almost everything he ever said. I think his fame is away from Newcastle, most people cringe at the bloke. Imagine calling yourself true anything.

I must admit, I did have a soft spot for Newcastle when I was growing up. Along with west ham, they are the only other sides I really like outside of city. Not sure why exactly, but I think it's because we were all yo-yo clubs and under achievers in the 80s but we had loyal fanbases.
Hard to believe that Newcastle haven't won a thing since the 50s! They are due some success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.