Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us finishing top 4 but I do think we'll keep playing to win games, Eddie has already said that we'll play that way whilst making tweaks as we develop. I have to say that Howe has really done a fantastic job, what he’s done for us is almost off the scale, it’s bordering on an insane turnaround that nobody could have predicted.

Howe really is a top manager and he could be with us for many years to come, this reminds me when Keegan became manager. I don’t know if people have noticed but he never gets carried away when things are well or badly and I think that’s rubbing off on the players because nobody is getting carried away, that isn’t something Keegan could do.

Almost every game is a game where I think we could come unstuck but it’s just not happening, yet. We’re getting results with Longstaff and Burn playing regularly and we’re not hanging on for our dear life.

We’re 18 points better off than we were after 13 games last season when we only had 6 points, we’ve scored 9 more goals and have let in 19 goals less and 16 places higher in the league, it would have been 17 places higher if Spurs hadn’t picked up 3 points.

During October we’ve picked up 16 out of 18 points, scored 16 goals and have only conceded 3. Every number I look at seems to be off the scale, Christ, we’re even top of the hitting the woodwork table having hit the woodwork 11 times.

These really are mad times to be a Newcastle supporter.

One thing with Howe is like pep he lives and breaths football 24/7 and the top four is up for grabs your in the mix with arsenal Chelsea spurs and the rags of maybe Liverpool too…

One thing with Howe is like pep he lives and breaths football 24/7 and the top four is up for grabs your in the mix with arsenal Chelsea spurs and the rags of maybe Liverpool too…
Should be the next England manager, but it will probably be some **** like Gerard, lampard, or one of the rag chuckle brothers.

I think Newcastle fans should expect to finish 7th - 10th. Anything better is a bonus. Then push on again and aim for 4th, 5th, 6th next year. Gradual progression

Newcastle are currently playing better than any of those other teams mentioned, apart from Arsenal. I think they are well in with a shout of top 4.

You're right about Howe, he's the first in to work every morning and he's always the last one out. He never celebrates a win once he leaves the ground. He goes straight home to review the game so that he can work with the players on what they could have done better and then it's straight into the next game. He’ll be watching Southampton tomorrow ready for next weekend, he just never stops, he’s relentless. The players love the work which he does with every one of them individually as well as the work he does with them as a team. He leaves nothing at all to chance.

Should be the next England manager, but it will probably be some **** like Gerard, lampard, or one of the rag chuckle brothers.

I don't think he's ready for England, he's a workaholic and has said that he's not ready to stop working with the players on a daily basis.

I think Newcastle fans should expect to finish 7th - 10th. Anything better is a bonus. Then push on again and aim for 4th, 5th, 6th next year. Gradual progression

I would love to finish 7th and play in Europe next season, that would be unreal.

Really happy to see Newcastle doing well. Wouldn’t mind if they got a top four spot regularly instead of one of the red shirts. As a Swede I really hope and think Isak will do well. Pity he’s injured as he started promising but some rest during the WC should do him good.

I think you are at about the stage we were at with Hughes as manager, and that was only a couple of years from a title. Eddie Howe is better than Hughes, and I think your squad is possibly better balanced than ours was at that point too. It'll be your next managerial appointment and the next few transfer windows that are crucial - as well as avoiding whatever scheme the fa/uefa cook up to stop brown people investing in their own business.

I really hope that Howe wins something with us, he's really likeable and deserves it for what he's done. He's the glue that has brought everybody together and kept them together.

You're right about Howe, he's the first in to work every morning and he's always the last one out. He never celebrates a win once he leaves the ground. He goes straight home to review the game so that he can work with the players on what they could have done better and then it's straight into the next game. He’ll be watching Southampton tomorrow ready for next weekend, he just never stops, he’s relentless. The players love the work which he does with every one of them individually as well as the work he does with them as a team. He leaves nothing at all to chance.

And that’s the trait of a top manager Howe has just not had a team he can mould into a team that can compete at the top and something every team needs who wants to compete for all trophies “Money” Newcastle now have shitloads of it all you need is sponsors and top four finishing consistently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.