Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy to see Newcastle doing well. Wouldn’t mind if they got a top four spot regularly instead of one of the red shirts. As a Swede I really hope and think Isak will do well. Pity he’s injured as he started promising but some rest during the WC should do him good.

Isak being injured might give him time to get up to pace with the league, he did look good before the injury so looks like he will do a great job for us.

I think Newcastle fans should expect to finish 7th - 10th. Anything better is a bonus. Then push on again and aim for 4th, 5th, 6th next year. Gradual progression
The thing is, unlike in 2008 when City were taken over, the Top 4 appears very fluid.

In the 00s we’d had about four years in a row before our takeover of a closed shop of United Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool. It was two years after our takeover when Spurs broke in and then we did in 2011 and haven’t been out since. Whereas now, you couldn’t guess at who will finish 3rd or 4th (I think it’ll be City and Arsenal top two). And the other two spots are up for grabs for anyone who wants them.

Spurs United and Chelsea all have Europe to contend with in a season ruined by the World Cup. But Newcastle get a lot of midweek rests, as do Brighton.

They do draw a lot but for me there’s no reason after seeing the start of this season why Newcastle can’t get a place in the Top 4… and win a Cup. With Brighton getting a Europa League spot n’all would be nice.

And that’s the trait of a top manager Howe has just not had a team he can mould into a team that can compete at the top and something every team needs who wants to compete for all trophies “Money” Newcastle now have shitloads of it all you need is sponsors and top four finishing consistently!

Our shirt sponsorship runs out at the end of this season so we should see a huge upgrade on that as we're currently getting more money for our shirt sponsorship which is valued at £7.5 million. We will probably also be selling naming rights to the ground and training facilities.

Castore is our kit supplier, nobody knows how much that brings in, I would put my money on it being not very good. Ashley signed them up and he would take anything. Castore is also poor at fulfilling online orders so I would expect that any half decent supplier could double sales without having to do too much.

I would love it for us to go back to Adidas as they were fantastic for us in the past. I’m sure we were their best selling brand but they hated Ashley so renewing with them was never going to happen while he was at the club.

The thing is, unlike in 2008 when City were taken over, the Top 4 appears very fluid.

In the 00s we’d had about four years in a row before our takeover of a closed shop of United Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool. It was two years after our takeover when Spurs broke in and then we did in 2011 and haven’t been out since. Whereas now, you couldn’t guess at who will finish 3rd or 4th (I think it’ll be City and Arsenal top two). And the other two spots are up for grabs for anyone who wants them.

Spurs United and Chelsea all have Europe to contend with in a season ruined by the World Cup. But Newcastle get a lot of midweek rests, as do Brighton.

They do draw a lot but for me there’s no reason after seeing the start of this season why Newcastle can’t get a place in the Top 4… and win a Cup. With Brighton getting a Europa League spot n’all would be nice.

I'd take a cup any day of the week. I was last at Wembley when we played Chelsea in the semi-final under Sir Bobby. We lost 1-2 but were by far the better side and would have won the final if we had got past Chelsea. Poyet scored for Chelsea and Rob Lee equalised for us then Poyet finished us off with his second. I honestly went from the back of our end to the front without touching the ground when Lee scored, my shins were battered, bruised and bloodied.

We were drinking around London all day and had a few games of football at Trafalgar Square, we didn't see a single Chelsea fan until we got close to Wembley.

I'd forgotten about Isak who looked like he could bag quite a few before injury

He scored twice before getting injured while away with Sweden, he's a good player who just needs to get a few games to settle in. I would have had him playing in place of Almiron but don't think that will happen if Almiron keeps playing the way that he is.

Love watching Newcastle play and was really glad when they got took over as I felt fit them when they bottled the title that year . Next couple of seasons they will become a massive threat .

Martinez clearly invovled in a collision and stays down after a routine save very clearly in trouble and the Newcastle twats boo him as if he's time wasting in the 96th minute. What a bunch of cunts. I want Newcastle to do well, much prefer them over the other top 4 contenders but their fans are going to be unsufferable dicks in no time.

Martinez clearly invovled in a collision and stays down after a routine save very clearly in trouble and the Newcastle twats boo him as if he's time wasting in the 96th minute. What a bunch of cunts. I want Newcastle to do well, much prefer them over the other top 4 contenders but their fans are going to be unsufferable dicks in no time.
They didn’t know that though and all fans moan about timewasting, whatever the scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.