Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really want these to push for Europe. They remind me so much of us when we got the money. Is there a more exciting club to support in England right now?? (Apart from us)

Think they've got a great team spirit and manager and the fans deserve something to cheer finally!!

Up the toon lol

The true test for them will be their next bad patch however that bead patch will be. Not so much the fans but the owners, will they be knee jerk reactionaries or solid ride it out people?

Don’t get to love for Toon supporters. They were toxic towards Big Sam, at the time they were begging the board to sack the previous manager, then Sam came in to a terrible team and in his first match at home the “super” toon rabid support were berating and asking for his head. I remember one “fan” just behind Sam looking like he wanted to murder him. I am in no way a Big Sam fan but this behaviour has just stayed with me and don’t have any time for them. Also the hypocrisy from their fans after they got money is also something that does not sit right, they used to give us lots of stick.

Didn't know Karius is a back up keeper at the barcodes.

Please play him at Klanfield. I guarantee he'll play like a hybrid of Buffon/Khan.

The media will hope some of your sponsorship comes from the Middle East so they can claim it's your owners pumping money in through false sponsorship deals.

We have recently brought in a new sleeve sponsor which is partially owned by PIF (noon.com) and it has been jumped on by the media. The club don't seem to be too bothered about ruffling a few feathers and it seems to be creating something of a siege mentality.

Steady on old bean, surely he's allowed to voice his opinion.

I have no problem with his or her reaction.

Nobody knows their club better than their own fans. We were constantly told that Steve Bruce was a good manager even though most of our fans knew that he wasn't. We had the same when most fans turned against Pardew because he stuck a nut on David Meyler, he shoved a linesman and he called Manuel Pellegrini 'a f*cking old c*nt' after we played you.

We wanted both managers to go and were constantly called deluded by others.

Opening salvo here…

Quite a pressure group, with their 800 Twitter followers, some of whom may even like football, or know where Newcastle is, or both.

@Mick_ Do you know anything about the John Hird mentioned in the piece? Salt of the Earth, lifelong Magpie, who’s seen the hard times, and whose dad was at Wembley in ‘55? Or not so much?

I've never heard of John Hird in all my time following Newcastle and it is a long time. I used to travel to every game both home and away for years before my wife put a stop to it when the kids were born. I don't know anybody who knows or have heard of him and I don't think a protest will go down well at the Chelsea game unless it's done in a way that has no bearing on the game. Some people have suggested that he’s a Sunderland fan just trying to cause trouble, that may be true as it may just be our fans trying to label him as something that he’s not.

I’m fine with the protest if it’s done outside and is used to highlight human rights. If they’re against beheadings and the 34 year imprisonment of a woman for a tweet for example then good for them, I’d support them.

If this is done in the wrong way then I could see some backlash for the protestors.

I see the bbc gossip has Bruno G wanted by Barca now (after they’ve realised they can’t get Bernardo). He’s their best player for me, so I’d be doing all in their power to resist the Catalans.
As ever, guess it depends on how the player would view such a move to some extent - along with how many years he’s got left. I’d doubt Barca could offer him a higher salary.
Nah. Has to be Jonjo Shelvey, innit? As the hip young kids would say; a proper baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.