Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, unlike in 2008 when City were taken over, the Top 4 appears very fluid.

In the 00s we’d had about four years in a row before our takeover of a closed shop of United Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool. It was two years after our takeover when Spurs broke in and then we did in 2011 and haven’t been out since. Whereas now, you couldn’t guess at who will finish 3rd or 4th (I think it’ll be City and Arsenal top two). And the other two spots are up for grabs for anyone who wants them.

Spurs United and Chelsea all have Europe to contend with in a season ruined by the World Cup. But Newcastle get a lot of midweek rests, as do Brighton.

They do draw a lot but for me there’s no reason after seeing the start of this season why Newcastle can’t get a place in the Top 4… and win a Cup. With Brighton getting a Europa League spot n’all would be nice.
Could be anyones, including the title...who is to say KDB and say Ederson don't get injured in latter stages of intense WC match?.. could happen to any team of course..also losing on pens in the final for example...could really lose a mentally...all these things could happen to anyone..BUT we have a fair few in teams that will contend... Winners of the league this season 80 + points...there will be loads of points switched, dropped etc until April

I see the bbc gossip has Bruno G wanted by Barca now (after they’ve realised they can’t get Bernardo). He’s their best player for me, so I’d be doing all in their power to resist the Catalans.
As ever, guess it depends on how the player would view such a move to some extent - along with how many years he’s got left. I’d doubt Barca could offer him a higher salary.
See @Mick_'s post (#262) on this point earlier in the thread.

I understand that might be true and probably didn't express what I meant very well.
I got you and i agree but not sure if it's solely down to being not professional..i think he has struggled under Pep...the rigid way of playing is not him. I have a lot of Villa mates who adored him as a player..but for me when he was there, i saw him play live a bit (going with mates etc) and i just didn't buy into it...lost the ball a lot, was not really that successful if you look at the stats (money ball ii know). Found this trf to be out of synch for us, really odd buy.. i like him though in terms of he is trying to be normal and have a bit of a laugh...just a bit misguided re comments about your man...Howe, doing so much tactically then when at Bournemouth. That break did him the world of good, didn't he start visiting clubs around Europe, improving his knowledge?

I'm not here to have a go at your players but Grealish doesn't seem very professional to me. From getting pissed last season to the stories that have been in the news recently. I wonder if his price tag has gone to his head because he has the skills? He seems like your avarage idiot who lives for the weekend on the piss which might not be fair as I don't know him as well as you do.
There were a number of dodgy stories about his personality and him going out on the piss when he was at Villa. So I don’t think it’s that the price tag has gone to his head. I think he’s always been like that.

He does combat all that with all the work he does with disabled or ill fans. He comes across as a caring and nice lad with that side of things. Could be PR, or could that he’s a decent fella deep down and is just a typical British Jack the Lad to go with it.

I heard a liverpool fan ranting that they have spent 200m in less than a year, and that's why they are 4th, ycmiu, ignoring the fact his own team have spent almost half that on one player and are currently 5 places below them
Maybe the Cult shouldn’t have inflated the transfer market by selling a fairly average player for £142m then eh? Maybe players would still be going for £40-50m instead of £80-90m all the time.

I'm not here to have a go at your players but Grealish doesn't seem very professional to me. From getting pissed last season to the stories that have been in the news recently. I wonder if his price tag has gone to his head because he has the skills? He seems like your avarage idiot who lives for the weekend on the piss which might not be fair as I don't know him as well as you do.
You might want to have a look at this thread, Mick:

Really want these to push for Europe. They remind me so much of us when we got the money. Is there a more exciting club to support in England right now?? (Apart from us)

Think they've got a great team spirit and manager and the fans deserve something to cheer finally!!

Up the toon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.