Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine how good it was when he scored, he's one of my all-time favourite Man City players and was an absolute joy to watch. The goal couldn’t have been scored by a better player as far as I’m concerned.

I hope that the mackems do come back up soon, I can’t say that I like them, it’s more because I would hate to be in their position and I would like to think that we would beat them 9 times out of 10. The gap between the two clubs has probably never been bigger and it only looks like going one way.

The derby is massive for both clubs and usually takes up the week before and the week after the game. The pubs and clubs start opening at about 4am, no matter what the kick-off time is and it’s just a case of sinking as much alcohol as possible until going to the ground and then it’s all out hate. The atmosphere is usually toxic and the winner isn’t always the best team, it can often be the team that handles the atmosphere the best.

If we ever get a bigger ground and tickets go on general sale, get one for the derby and I'm sure you'll sense and appreciate the hate.
Best derby in the country, yours.

Been a hatred between the towns since the 1600s.

My deepest condolences, Mick.

I lost my Dad three and a half years ago. I still miss him and think about him most days.

It's shit when you think for a second about planning something and then remember that you can't.

I'm usually no good at remembering dates and the only death I remember is that of my grandfather who died exactly a year before my eldest son was born.

I guess my dad going on my birthday means it will always be there. He was actually going for my birthday card yesterday when he suddenly became ill. He was in the middle of telling my brother that he was going for the card and then his speech went and he started saying random words.

He was basically as good as dead then but still held out until this morning.

Didn't Newcastle average 17,000 in 1990 and 21,000 the season after? That is fairly recent and you would need to go a fair way back to find city with that average. I find Newcastle fans arrogant and mouthy,Sunderland down to earth.

I was replying to somebody who had mentioned 15k. We did have the crowds you mentioned when we were in the old 2nd division. You were in the old 2nd division in 1988 and had less than 20k.

In those days we all had hopeless stadiums compared to what we have now and we were either in recession or ready to go into one. We also had hooliganism, racism, sexism and every other ism you can think of. Football was toxic and gates were down at most grounds in England.

Best derby in the country, yours.

Been a hatred between the towns since the 1600s.

I would advise anybody who can get a ticket to do so and spend the day in town to soak it all in. Newcastle is usually a great city for away fans, Sunderland and Boro are exceptions to that.

Also, you don’t abuse horses.

I can't even begin to work out what was going through that moron’s mind to do that. I'm sure at the time it was said that the lad who punched the horse hadn't been to a game for years.

It’s a shame that he went to that game which was against Sunderland, he had probably been drinking from the early hours, not that that’s an excuse.

What could possibly go through your head which ended up with your brain telling you to punch the horse? I just don’t get it.

Fucking Hell,so sorry for your loss mate,you seem to be one of tbe more decent away posters on here.
Thanks for the kind comments.

I actually like this forum, no arses or arrogance and it has variety.

I love football so posting on a forum seems natural and I don’t want to post on a Newcastle forum as it will either be people agreeing with each other that their club is great and other clubs are crap, which they aren’t.

Hopefully I can bring something different to the forum and I can guarantee that I will never try to wind anybody up, even if I do it by accident. I will also always try to help people out if I can.

Life is far too short to waste and that comment has nothing to do with today.

I was in uni in Cardiff and I went to a few games at Ninian Park.....bit of an eye opener. Proper old school ground with crumbling terracing and an away end with no roof.

I seem to remember allotments behind the goal and there was a tall tree which had a tree-camp built in it and that's where the bricks or stones came from. The police could see what was happening and they did nothing about it. Seeing people in front of us taking a rock to the head was horrible.

During the 90’s Newcastle were playing Blackburn at home and I went to the game with my brother and some of our fans were giving a Blackburn fan a kicking so we joined in to the help the lad because we couldn’t just walk by and let them get on with it. Football banter is absolutely class if done the right way, taking it too far is pathetic and spoils it for all of us.

The coaches were parked next to the exit from the away end and all of the windows were out so going by train was by far the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.