Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
buzzing at the moment, how longs the Swedish forward out for???

We expect Isak to be back during the World Cup break so he will be training with us when we go to Saudi and should be playing when the league restarts.

I do like the look of him, I don't envy Eddie Howe having to try to get him into the starting 11. I guess staying in both cup competitions for as long as possible will help.

I can't even begin to work out what was going through that moron’s mind to do that. I'm sure at the time it was said that the lad who punched the horse hadn't been to a game for years.

It’s a shame that he went to that game which was against Sunderland, he had probably been drinking from the early hours, not that that’s an excuse.

What could possibly go through your head which ended up with your brain telling you to punch the horse? I just don’t get it.

My kind of post!

Indeed. City Newcastle Sunderland Everton Villa Spurs are all the same kind of fanbases throughout history.

City 28,273 average in the third tier which went up from the season before, Sunderland 30,118, 30,847 and 32,157 averages in the third tier, Newcastle 51,106 average in the second tier which was higher than 9 of the 10 previous seasons to that.

Nobody can say anything about the support of these three clubs.

I honestly couldn't believe the support you had in the old third division and I was amazed by it at the time. Your support was outstanding and makes an absolute mockery of anybody who sings ‘where were you when you were shit’.

Newcastle is usually a great city for away fans
Been many times, and always enjoyed it, found the odd place a bit intimidating, but I've rarely seen any trouble, other than for those looking for it, same can be said for Sunderland too.

The one time a few of yours (kids basically) threatend a group of blues I was with, those idiots were f**ked off by your fans (adults).

I was replying to somebody who had mentioned 15k. We did have the crowds you mentioned when we were in the old 2nd division. You were in the old 2nd division in 1988 and had less than 20k.

In those days we all had hopeless stadiums compared to what we have now and we were either in recession or ready to go into one. We also had hooliganism, racism, sexism and every other ism you can think of. Football was toxic and gates were down at most grounds in England.
We didn't average less than 20,, Newcastle did. A complete blurring of facts. Newcastle support is a myth

That's brilliant, I might try to download the files to see if I can do anything with them instead of typing as it's so easy to hit the wrong key on a keyboard and screw everything up.
It’s a good site, and I’ve quoted it a few times, but our resident archivist @Gary James has pointed out a few times that the City figures aren’t entirely accurate (iirc he’s contacted the site owner, but nothing changed).

As to whether any other clubs figures are entirely accurate, I don’t know.

But if you take it and understand it as a sort of average accuracy, it’s good.

Been many times, and always enjoyed it, found the odd place a bit intimidating, but I've rarely seen any trouble, other than for those looking for it, same can be said for Sunderland too.

The one time a few of yours (kids basically) threatend a group of blues I was with, those idiots were f**ked off by your fans (adults).

Most of our fans take pride that we're one of the few cities that don't operate away fans only pubs and almost everybody is welcome. Newcastle was as bad as anywhere for away fans until the last 10 years or so. I can't put my finger on why it changed for the better, only that it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.