Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good level headed post and with the right balls out of the bag there's no reason why at least a semi final could be on the cards this season.
No club is better at offering up a giant killing than we are. You only have to look back at last season when we went out of the FA Cup at home to Cambridge. Hopefully our league position was responsible for that although it's happened regularly while I've been watching them. Maybe the players will realise that they might win just six cup games and quality for Europe.

No club is better at offering up a giant killing than we are. You only have to look back at last season when we went out of the FA Cup at home to Cambridge. Hopefully our league position was responsible for that although it's happened regularly while I've been watching them. Maybe the players will realise that they might win just six cup games and quality for Europe.
Ha we have our moments too, I go back to walking out of grounds at Shrewsbury, Halifax, there've been many more , we're still capable now we're a 'top table' team too.

On the positive side though we would be regular laughing stock baton holders, I know you've had it a few times too but although early days it seems that's left your club forever.

Feels like they're 1 player away from a top 4 challenge.

I know they were pushing for a forward, seems to have gone quiet. Maybe January is on the cards given the shortened first half of the season.

I don't know if Pope normally just punts the ball upfield like he did yesterday, but that along with his great shot-stopping he reminded me of peak Joe Hart.

I don't know if Pope normally just punts the ball upfield like he did yesterday, but that along with his great shot-stopping he reminded me of peak Joe Hart.
He has fuck all foot skill, his best bet is to hoof it. His shot stopping though is top tier. Joe Hart 2011 is a very good comparison

There is no way they are close to a top 4 finish. I’d say top 8 would be a great season for them.

Who on earth do you think is going to finish ahead of them outside the top 6?

Seems like there's a lot of snobbish delusion on here with regards to Newcastle, they're the 4th best side in the league since Howe got his signings in, and that sample is up over 20 games now.

The new signings look to have improved them again, and yesterday's game showed a confidence and steeliness vs. top opposition that showed they're ready to compete vs. the top 6 - which was their problem last season, they beat the rest but lost all their games to the top 4.

Unless something pretty drastic happens, they aren't going to finish below 6th. They're obviously better than United. Only 2 or 3 of their players are going to the world cup so they're going to be far more rested than Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Which brings me back to...if they had 1 more top player, they'd be competing for 4th.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll play more than 2-3 tougher central midfield partnerships than that this season. Bruno Guimarães can do the lot and Joelinton is just an absolute menace. I'd say that's a better pairing than Hojbjerg and Bentancur and whatever shite the Rags are putting out in the middle of the park, and arguably better than Liverpool's aging and increasingly bypassed midfield too. Not much between that combo and Partey/Xhaka for me, either.

It looks like we're signing Joao Pedro on a 6 year deal which means £5 million towards our FFP ceiling. Watford have accepted £25 million + £5 million in add on's plus 10% of any future sale. I expect that he'll be on the bench for a couple of months unless we have an injury.

Edit.

It's now being denied, the Mail, Talksport (spit) and Fabrizio Romano had all said the deal was done. Everybody else is now saying that it hasn't been agreed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.