Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth do you think is going to finish ahead of them outside the top 6?

Seems like there's a lot of snobbish delusion on here with regards to Newcastle, they're the 4th best side in the league since Howe got his signings in, and that sample is up over 20 games now.

The new signings look to have improved them again, and yesterday's game showed a confidence and steeliness vs. top opposition that showed they're ready to compete vs. the top 6 - which was their problem last season, they beat the rest but lost all their games to the top 4.

Unless something pretty drastic happens, they aren't going to finish below 6th. They're obviously better than United. Only 2 or 3 of their players are going to the world cup so they're going to be far more rested than Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.

Which brings me back to...if they had 1 more top player, they'd be competing for 4th.

I did say top 8.. so if the regular top 6 finish ahead of them that top 8 finish would happen. Going from mid table to top 8 would be great.

It’s not snobbish at all - I’d say it’s pretty realistic . I’m looking at the players they have and think there are atleast 7 teams better then them. We’re only 3 games in so It’s difficult to judge them on this season. I’d say your getting a bit carried away

You seem to be mystic Meg :)

I did say top 8.. so if the regular top 6 finish ahead of them that top 8 finish would happen. Going from mid table to top 8 would be great.

It’s not snobbish at all - I’d say it’s pretty realistic . I’m looking at the players they have and think there are atleast 7 teams better then them. We’re only 3 games in so It’s difficult to judge them on this season. I’d say your getting a bit carried away

You seem to be mystic Meg :)

Who is the 7th team who is better? You've said the top 6, but keep avoiding mentioning the other side better than Newcastle.

Who is the 7th team who is better? You've said the top 6, but keep avoiding mentioning the other side better than Newcastle.
I think what Howe has done really well is make them into a team. Good managers make good teams. He has turned them around and I agree - there's not 7 teams better than them.

He's really surprised me, I didn't think he'd do well there to be honest. The fans love him and he's put them on a "rocket" trajectory since he took over. He's managed to make players like Joelinton into good signings and they've got momentum behind them.

I'm sure behind the scenes they are speaking to agents to bring in a "big signing", but I think Howe is showing he's good enough to be able to manage them.

I think they will be a long way off winning the PL or CL, but there's no reason to believe they can't win a CC or FA Cup this season. Whilst I don't like the owners, I can't begrudge the Geordies having a moment in the sun. I've family up there and they are great people!

I think what Howe has done really well is make them into a team. Good managers make good teams. He has turned them around and I agree - there's not 7 teams better than them.

He's really surprised me, I didn't think he'd do well there to be honest. The fans love him and he's put them on a "rocket" trajectory since he took over. He's managed to make players like Joelinton into good signings and they've got momentum behind them.

I'm sure behind the scenes they are speaking to agents to bring in a "big signing", but I think Howe is showing he's good enough to be able to manage them.

I think they will be a long way off winning the PL or CL, but there's no reason to believe they can't win a CC or FA Cup this season. Whilst I don't like the owners, I can't begrudge the Geordies having a moment in the sun. I've family up there and they are great people!

I think it's great, and it's fun seeing someone else go through a similar ride to the one we went on. I see the excitement of fans hearing about Isak and it reminds me of getting off a plane to find out we'd signed Balotelli.

We can't win everything, and I'd sooner have Newcastle pick up the trophies we don't win than United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal.

I think it's great, and it's fun seeing someone else go through a similar ride to the one we went on. I see the excitement of fans hearing about Isak and it reminds me of getting off a plane to find out we'd signed Balotelli.

We can't win everything, and I'd sooner have Newcastle pick up the trophies we don't win than United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal.
Totally agree!

We went all in for the Kaka's, Robinho's etc which was just incredible at the time but now we know it wasn't possible to do. I think Newcastle have learnt from what we did and will make improvements year on year. Isaak will be a great signing for them.

It's good to see a proper big club getting up there and if they manage to win something, I'll be straight up the A1 to party with them :)

What could hold them back is the lack of squad depth. They have added to the first choices, but it takes longer to increase depth. They could struggle if injuries strike. 7th or 8th would be decent progress. Need to improve academy both facilities and recruitment. That takes a decade.
Question: does the UEFA new owners rule still apply.?

To be honest I don't think we can realistically expect to finish top 7 although I would love to be proven wrong and stranger things have happened. I think we’ll have a better idea how possible that is one the transfer window closes and we know what we have to work with and what others have. We will have a reasonable first 11 but go beyond that and we'll struggle like we did against a brutal Tranmere last night.

Howe has done a fantastic job and every single person connected with the club is buying into what he’s trying to do, staff and fans included. All of the players talk highly of him, I know that’s usual, but they go way beyond what players normally say about a manager and the same players hardly had a good word to say about Bruce, not surprisingly.

We’re already struggling with injuries as we lost Krafth yesterday who is our second choice right-back and our second choice Right sided Centre-back has at least a broken nose after yesterday and Wilson has a hamstring injury so is likely to miss games. Two games a week is going to kill us once we start using the squad to freshen things up and cover for injuries. We can probably get away with a couple of our better back-up’s coming in but after that, we’re screwed.

We are doing well with our signings, Wood is a strange one who shouldn’t get too much game time. He’s handy to bring off the bench but you don’t want to see him starting too often. Trippier might seem like a strange one to some because of his age, he offers much more than just 90 minutes though as he does a lot of work helping the younger players and he will probably get a job at the club once he stops playing. He has the potential to become a future manager.

Basically, we need to get more money into the club to allow us to push first team players onto the bench and we need to move a lot of players out of the club once their contracts expire because nobody is going to buy more than 2 or 3 of them.

We’re on a journey and we seem to be doing most things right and I think we have a bright future. Breaking the top 6 will be really difficult unless your neighbours continue to struggle. They’re spending on good players, my only hope is that their rancid dressing room brings the new players down to their level. You, Arsenal, and Spurs will be really hard to get close to. Liverpool have had a shaky start, their injuries haven’t helped them and they’ll clear up and could go on a massive run of wins. Chelsea are spending money as if it’s going out of fashion, some of their signing look weird and they may not get what they are hoping out of them.

Whatever happens, things are going to be interesting.

Newcastle need to win any trophy in the next 2/3 years to get that winning mentality while the optimism is so high..

Read that majority of Newcastle fans have been very sensible about where there be happy to finish this season say top 8, it’s next season then the season after and if they get top where then top four the season after if not it’s a failure with the expectations! Why bottom line it’s trophies that should be number one priority get the league cup won or fa cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.