Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner they are a permanent fixture in the top four the better. I want United and Liverpool to die of a slow death.
The league table looks great with us Arsenal, Newcastle, and even Spurs near the top. I think Arsenal will go all the way and it will be tight. They are resilient under Arteta. Apart from Spurs all the leading teams are playing attacking technical football. So are teams like Brighton at the next level. English football is moving forward. Let's hope Southgate pays attention to what is happening. The dinosaurs are finished.

Eddie Howe has done a great job

They’ve spent money though when you add it up but definitely spent it well, building a side to take them through the levels gradually rather than throwing money at names, thinking they can leapfrog trans like us.

Still, I do wonder if Howe will get rewarded with loyalty if they do make it into champions league. With that money and the status of playing in the champions league, it certainly starts looking appealing to flash names. Would Newcastle become tempted to try to replace him with a more exotic named manager?

Newcastle's current form will be put down to the new owners/cash injection by the usual suspects, but imo its another case of proving the opposite. They've not really spent anything that the likes of us, chelsea, arsenal, spurs, united and liverpool have been spending for conescutive seasons - and they've had to catch up. Credit goes to Howe and the team for me.

If they keep building on this they'll be consistently keeping one of the above out of the top 4, hopefully without putting up much of a title challenge though ;)

6 of our starting 11 today were at the club before the takeover, 4 of our 5 substitutes were also at the club before the takeover. The good thing for us is that we're still not playing our best starting 11 and winning games like today when we went 3 up and stopped playing. I think we got to 3 and started thinking about playing Palace in the cup on Wednesday.

Last edited:

They’ve spent money though when you add it up but definitely spent it well, building a side to take them through the levels gradually rather than throwing money at names, thinking they can leapfrog trans like us.

Still, I do wonder if Howe will get rewarded with loyalty if they do make it into champions league. With that money and the status of playing in the champions league, it certainly starts looking appealing to flash names. Would Newcastle become tempted to try to replace him with a more exotic named manager?

Howe was given a contract extension in the Summer believed to last 6 years, I think he's safe and will be given a chance if things stutter at some point.

Not while Newcastle keep winning.

Eddie has so far proven that he is up to the job. It would be folly on their part to replace him, just because he is a "big name", whatever that means.

We're already seeing some of that, it's like water off a ducks back.

It is now, but believe me, over time it's wearing.

Oh, and your achievements will not be celebrated, get used to seeing your wins slip down the sports pages, and every match you play spun by ex Liverpool and Utd pundits as David versus Golliath, with your squad cost exaggerated in every game. You'll have to endure endless mainstream and social media discussion about how such and such a team can beat you, how when you win it's always your opponent that was poor, how the trophies you win are bought in contrast to the great historic clubs who grew "organically", how your players are all mercenaries, how the once proud Newcastle Utd has sold its soul and you'll be referred to on RAWK and other fan sites as Saudi FC.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you'll be accused of cheating FFP, directly on social media and indirectly by the likes of Klopp, your critics will say you inflate your sponsorship's and do business off the books.

Of course you'll be bribing PGMOL, despite the fact you'll start getting dubious refereeing decisions against you every week. Your players will increasingly get clogged without protection or repercussion while simultaneously being booked for farting. Your defeats will be celebrated and no matter how well you play or how many goals you score you'll be boring. Oh, and your players will not receive the recognition they deserve.

Last edited:
6 of our starting 11 today were at the club before the takeover, 4 of our 5 substitutes were also at the club before the takeover. The good thing for us is that we're still not playeing our best starting 11 and winning games like today when we went 3 up and stopped playing. I think we got to 3 and started thinking about playing Palace in the cup on Wednesday.
Exactly, not all about money spent as much as some would like to pin it all on that

Where we are today v after game week 14 last season:

Won 7 +7, drawn 6 -1, lost 1 -6, goals for 28 +12, goals against 11 -19, points 27 +20, position 3rd +17.

It’s unbelievable what Eddie Howe has done and he hadn’t even been appointed this time last season, his first anniversary is on Tuesday 8th November 2022.

I’m sure the temptation was there to try to do something stupid, like try and sign Messi. But Newcastle has spent their money very wisely. The future looks bright for them.

All the toxic shit will start very soon they may say they don’t mind but when they actually try to destroy you it makes you hate the cartel even more , it will be great not being the only ones in firing line of the cunts all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.